Unfair. Period.

By shanna - 23/05/2018 15:00

Spicy
Today, after I missed my last 3 periods, my mom grounded me for "getting pregnant" and refuses to believe anything else. I'm 15 and never had sex in my life. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 705
You deserved it 230

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azouwa 26

Pregnancy test should clear the air... That's just to get you off the hook with your mom (or confirm) no matter how it turns out you'll want to make an appt with a gyno/obgyn. Sorry OP, but unless you're pregnant or on a birth control... that shit ain't normal. Unless... you're malnourished.

nentenkupo 16

The fact that you missed 3 periods means you should go to the doctor, pregnant or not

Comments

azouwa 26

Pregnancy test should clear the air... That's just to get you off the hook with your mom (or confirm) no matter how it turns out you'll want to make an appt with a gyno/obgyn. Sorry OP, but unless you're pregnant or on a birth control... that shit ain't normal. Unless... you're malnourished.

She's 15, quite a lot of teenagers have irregular periods. At 15, she should probably be seeing an OB/GYN anyway but it's not really that alarming for a 15 year old girl to have an irregular period, even one this irregular.

Exactly. It's not unusual to have an irregular period, especially while still in your teens. Half the reason I went on the pill was because I was done with not knowing if it'd be 3 weeks or 3 months between my periods.

boopingsnoot 24

My aunt started the pill at 14 because her first period lasted 2 months and showed no sign of stopping!

esra99 12

Actually, for younger girls to miss few months is VERY normal, both me and my little sister had super irregular periods our first few years but it sorts itself out around your 20s

Well it is. She can be just irregular.

Amanda G Rich 23

Not always true. I used to be super fit and active and never got periods even though I ate plenty (practically everything in the house haha).

yeah she is out of order and you should see the school nurse or a doctor becsuse that is not usual so you want to get it checked out. Take care OP

T3chie 13

Actually for a 15 year old, it’s 100% normal :)

ah in that case I was wrong, I'm sorry. I don't know enough about it despite having periods myself. Also thank you for the way you wrote your comments it was very light and kind and non accusatory. Thank you

My apology, I misclicked and hit the thumbs down button. You are correct about the starting-periods thing. Another thing that might be going on with her is a hormone thing or something else with the ovaries. I skipped periods until I was 16 then constantly would bleed for months and skip for months because of PCOS. This was discovered when I was 18 but at least there were the pills for it...

Thyroid issues and endometriosis can cause it too. Combined, it’s extra fun.

nentenkupo 16

The fact that you missed 3 periods means you should go to the doctor, pregnant or not

What the hell is wrong with your mom? She should know there are various reasons for having irregular periods. Some people just never have them regularly. A normal reaction would be "You should go to gynecologist".

Mary had the same problem with her mom. You could be having the next Jesus!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Zekfen 17

I think I saw that porno once.

boopingsnoot 24

The hymen doesn’t actually work that way. If she’s old enough to be menstruating, it will have been eroded by her own hormones (except for some painful medical conditions). And that’s even before factoring in her playing sports or using tampons! TL;DR - you fail biology

Except it's not 1893 anymore and we know that hymans don't necessarily prove anything.

Except it's not 1893 anymore and we know that hymans don't necessarily prove anything.

I use a birth control shot that last for 3 months and it stops them could it be something like that?

not everyone reacts the same way to the shot. I have two friends, both sisters, one had them stop it and the other had her period for the entire time the chemical was in her system.

doodlesmcnoodles 18

I'm on the shot. haven't had a period in three years. best choice I ever made. my cramps were HORRIBLE.

If your mom thinks you’re pregnant, she should make you an ob/gyn appointment to check on it anyway...where it will become obvious you aren’t pregnant. A doctor’s pregnancy test carries more weight than home tests, especially for someone as irrational as your mother

Lobby_Bee 17

Have you been to a male friends house and sat near his PC wearing a skirt? If so, you may be pregnant from residual masturbation semen seeping through your panties.

I'veRunOuttaPatience 11

I didn't have regular periods until after I was 20. Before that, I would always skip a month or two, especially if I was engaging in a lot of physical activity playing sports. I once went as long as 5 months with no period. I suggest you see a doctor, but everything should be fine. Talk to your mom and ask to prove that you're not pregnant.