By For - 28/12/2009 14:00 - United States

Today, I asked my husband if he thought I was pretty. He replied "compared to what?" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 651
You deserved it 6 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CyclonePsycho 1

Don't fish for compliments and you won't be insulted. There, easy enough solution.

devildog42787 0

YDI for asking such a stupid question

Comments

CyclonePsycho 1

Don't fish for compliments and you won't be insulted. There, easy enough solution.

thinmint 0

who cares? try to be more confident. no man finds an insecure woman attractive

yes, you're magnificently beautiful dear heart (husbands, watch and learn).

I'd throw up if that's how someone I was involved with responded. I prefer the genuine compliments, not forced half-assed ones.

No, but Ive had people give compliments in that manner and all I can do is roll my eyes. Or, there's the laugh at them where they can't see it. Also, from your comments elsewhere in this post, it seems that actually is how you'd want someone to respond, lol.

hey, i'm just defending the poor op, and responding to some dickish comments. who knows what her life is like or what an arse her husband might be? i don't need to ask anyone if i'm pretty, i'm stunningly gorgeous lovey ;)

Hey, don't expect a genuine reply if you're fishing for compliments.

xvolcom893x 0

hahahahahahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's what you get when you fish for a compliment. So YDI!!!

JokingJoe 0

or maybe theres no comparison because ure so pretty....bbut i doubt it... HA! you set him up for a fail but he flipped it. husband :1 you:0

There is usually no good answer for this question if you have to ask after being married. He was screwed from the start. If not so much, assume he married you for something other than looks. If you think you might be able to improve take some steps to do so, and see if it produces the desired result.

This can be taken both ways, but I suppose since you're insecure, you took it as a negative.

everyonesfucked 0