By probably not getting the job - 09/03/2015 05:44 - United States - Lake Oswego

Today, I applied for a job at a local store. As I walked out the door, I heard the manager read it out loud and everybody else laugh. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 518
You deserved it 2 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Step 1: Make 'em laugh You're doing good so far.

That's straight up rude, you deserve better.

Comments

I don't know about you op but I wouldn't want to work in a place that makes fun of people for trying to make an honest living. Better luck next time though.

That is very disrespectful of the manager. The job is not meant for you OP.

You don't want to work there with workers like that anyway, op

you can report them you no .its private and confidential

So you can correctly spell "confidential" but not spell "know"?

I'm pretty sure that if you don't stamp or mark it as 'Private and Confidential', it isn't.

#23, probably because autocorrect will identify incorrect spellings (hence why confidential is spelled correctly) more often than incorrect usage of words like no and know. It terrifies me to imagine how people like this would write without autocorrect. Damn nightmare as it is.

Working in a well known pub in a city, needless to say we have a 6degrees of separation going on between hospitality workers within the city, all applications get passed around to all of our staff and at least one person will know the applicant to be able to give an honest review of them. Resumes aren't private and confidential, they're a bit of paper telling a company about yourself to see if you're suitable for the job

don't worry OP ..one day you will be the customer to that store and I am sure you know how to make things even...good luck with job hunt...

That's so embarrassing. Maybe you could have someone at a career center review your application/ resume for pointers?

Perhaps you should proof read next time before handing out resumes! FYL OP

dope_mcfly 24

Easy. There's no legitimate reason to laugh at an application unless it has an abundance of laughable mistakes. I had a guy apply to work for me and spelled resume incorrectly, his name wrong, and under his home address he simply listed "Mom's house." Yes, we all laughed at that one, and I framed it on my desk. The incoherent rabble that passes through HR could fill a comedy book on a daily basis.

#47 I can only imagine that guy getting through reception. "How do you spell that, sir?" "Uhhhh..."