By i hit a cyclist - 27/05/2013 11:19 - United Kingdom - Nottingham

Today, I accidentally hit a cyclist with my car. In panic, I jumped out of my car and ran up to him, who was lying on the floor, motionless. As I was about to check his pulse, he jumped up and shouted, "I bet you thought I was dead, asshole!" He then punched me in the face and cycled off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 076
You deserved it 25 622

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a jerk, it was obviously an accident, at least you tried to help him

At least you went to check on him instead of driving off like so many people have done :)

Comments

Haha! He's fine and didn't press charges, I'd say you got off pretty easy

Wizardo 33

Cyclists are such assholes, most of them don't even have proper training to ride on the roads, should've left him there but good on you for being the bigger man.

perdix 29

In retrospect, it's too bad you didn't hit him hard enough to **** up him or his bike enough to keep him from pedalling away.

In retrospect he should have been paying more attention to his surroundings and not hit the person in the first place.

On an unrelated topic i am just loving the pikachu picture.

RemyX1 7

Yeah I think cyclists are annoying and so does my mom. Especially when the ride in big groups with 4 across lines of it.

Well if your mom thinks so, they must be!

I guess you kind of deserve that, but it was an accident, I suppose. At least you didn't flee the scene.

Because responding to violence with more violence is absolutely necessary and solves every issue.

I've been hit by a car when training for Ragbrai its not fun. The driver had it coming. Next time look out for bikers!

I say this as a cyclist in the UK, the cyclist could easily be at fault here. I have been taken off my bike by more cyclists and pedestrians (stepping off the curb without looking or walking across the cycle path) than I have motorists. I have cycled everywhere for the last 16 years, IMO dog walkers are the WORST!

As a pedestrian I hate cyclists. The majority seem to think they can ride on the roads and the pavements and change whenever they want. Red light ahead? Ride on the path. Pedestrians ahead? Change to the road or try to squeeeeeze past without warning or a thankyou if I move out the way. As a disgruntled walker nowadays I just stay in the way until your bell dings, you say 'excuse me' or you go around. Needless to say, most cyclists don't understand the word 'footpath' either and happily hurtle downhill toward me, expecting me to just move. It's so tempting to throw crap in their spokes. I will happily let my dog get in your way too. I realize not all cyclists are like this but it seems to be the case for the majority. So when you moan about pedestrians, imagine the shit we go through too when we're just trying to get home.

79, I totally agree. I've had too many close calls with too many cyclists who think they can just go wherever they want. And where I live at least, it's actually illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk or on a crosswalk (except for children). So they shouldn't be on the sidewalks at all, yet they run people down like they own the world. However, I've had just as many close calls with drivers who don't stop at a red light or stop sign when they're supposed to, or who look like they see me crossing and are slowing down but then speed up again and nearly hit me! So personally, I think there are just too many people not paying attention to their surroundings or what they're doing. Whether they're on bikes or in cars isn't the point, the problem is that no one seems to pay attention. As for the OP, if it was their fault, they kind of deserved to learn the lesson to watch out for cyclists. If it was the cyclist's fault, which it could also have been, then he's a jerk who needs to learn to pay attention and I feel sorry for OP.

Floor? Did you blow through his home and hit him on the stationary bike? ...I wouldn't ask if it hasn't been done before. lol.