By Chelsea - 20/07/2009 05:54 - United States

Today, during some previews before the new Harry Potter movie, a guy stood up and led the audience in an enthusiastic and rather successful chant "H-A-R-R-Y!". Minutes later when I attempted to do the same thing, I was pelted with half-full bags of popcorn, freezing sodas, and booing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 200
You deserved it 85 162

Same thing different taste

Comments

who the **** dose that I hate Harry pothead and all his other dumbass geeky friends OP YDI u ****** nerd the other guy who started it is a fuckinnerd to along with everyone who likes harry pothead and the half blood gaylord

dose = does to = too This just in; reading over what you've typed before you post - not just for 'fuckinnerds'!

you're a piece of shit. go read a book.

It never fails that the people who slam books (regardless of their content) are always the most ignorant, illiterate jackasses on the planet. I can respect someone's opinion that they don't like a book if they can at least use the English language, and not whatever garbled excuse for writing that was. Get a book, read it, learn how to make yourself more than just something to weigh down your computer chair.

I've actually found people who slam Twilight to be more literate than actual Twilight fans. Cue various "**** you, I love Twilight and think you're a dick you ******' dick" comments.

Ew, you've clearly never been educated. Go learn your ******* ABCs.

Wow, Some of you really need to get a life if your just gonna slam other people for having good taste's in book... If you actually READ Harry Potter, you'd definitely feel differently. Oh, and OP, YDI for doing that during a Harry Potter movie... Once was enough....

jnic 0

I read and enjoyed Harry Potter when I was a little kid. Now I'm more grown up. I tried reading the 7th book and I made it in 100 pages and couldn't do it any more. The writing was nothing spectacular and it didn't interest me at all. I've gotten great scores in AP English Comp and AP Lit and got a 2120 on the SATs, so... I'd say I'm pretty ******* literate. It's hilarious when people think that if you have a negative opinion on a book, it must mean you're stupid, you don't like reading, and you don't know how to appreciate ANY books. I'd say you're in MORE of a place to hate a book if you have a better grasp on what good literature is. These people here are the sort who whine and put others below them because they feel insecure about their tastes and standards not being so high quality.

I agree that stylistically, her writing isn't brilliant, but I did find the books entertaining for the most part, with interesting plots and good, relatable characters. But to each his own. One of the funniest things I've heard about the books recently was when someone on another site referred to the seventh as "Harry Potter and the Extended Camping Trip"....pretty true.

queenmac 0

I read all four Twilight books...I just couldn't understand why the (good) plot always had to wait until the end of the novel. My friend kept telling me, "No, I swear it gets better...just read the next one!" I felt bamboozled. It was a nice idea; too bad a real freakin' author didn't write the books. Like the episode of South Park with the Jonas brothers: Twilight is popular because it tickles little girls' "vaginas". Breaking Dawn was okay.

alexxclevelandd 0

I know! I hate people that spam saying, "i luvv edward cullen i wanna mary hiim!"

That's because those that slam Twilight have usually read something else and know good literature when they see/read it. Note: Twilight fans, I DO enjoy the books. I'm not saying it's a piece of garbage.....but I have read better literature. Sorry.

Ummmm #142- 2120 is way over perfect score....

Go fall off of the astronomy tower. Please.

Snape [blanks] Dumbledore. GO ON YOU GUYS FILL IT IN.

Hahaha. Oh God. That line ruined my childhood.

Anally Rapes? Molests? Makes a cup of tea for? "GO ON YOU GUYS FILL IT IN."........That's what she said. WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAA!! :D

"Dr., did you figure out what this comment is made of?" "Yes, it seems to have spawned from something entirely composed of 100% win."

Once it's been done.. Don't do it again.. But they should've just told you to be quiet or ignore you instead of throwing stuff at you.. LOL

Some people have it and some people don't. And some people need to get their own stuff.

ubiquitious 0

you definitely deserved this one.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

this sounds like the FML about transformers.

Pastor_Rich 0