By Rory - 14/04/2012 22:19 - Canada - Toronto

Today, despite the fact that I'm really sick, my mom insisted that I come home and help babysit my cousins this weekend. When I got there, everyone else took off to do "errands," leaving me with three hyperactive, howler monkey-like children to deal with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 203
You deserved it 2 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fall asleep and have them mess up the whole house and wait until your parents get home and just say "I told you I wasn't feeling good"

erockinthesuburb 17

Comments

tomtato 10

come on, as least they don't go woo woo woo. look on the bright side, parenting 101 in advance :)

My parents are just like that. I was having a severe and life threatening asthma attack and my dad told me to stop weeing and coughing or he would really give me something to complain about.

trollierthanthou 1

the ppl that left you with the kids are obvious asses. I mean, they do not care if their kids get sick, and don't care if you are too sick to even function. So cough on the kids, give them a bag of sugar and a spoon, take some nyquil and a shot of whiskey and go to bed. When they come home to see an empty bag of sugar claim you blacked out because you were so sick and they must have gotten it when you were out of it. just keep on keepin' on.

bleddyn13 1

Should have left right behind them...

xccx18 0

My parents do that to me all the time. "oh we'll be right back" four hours and everything's broken later...

Cassandrax731 5

I feel your pain, OP! I usually get stuck babysitting my brother and 2 cousins who are all the same age. And they're always howler-monkey-like when they're together. So my advice is to make them play a video game; it'll keep them occupied!

Call DSS our Child Protective Services. That abandonment.

friedbunnies 9

NyQuil for everyone. Double shots for the big one.

Your tone suggests that you didn't finally murder them in desperation. One up over natural parents!

I feel your pain. I found out that I have strep throat on top of an ear infection and my mom made me watch 2 little kids while I cleaned the entire house :(