By Rory - 14/04/2012 22:19 - Canada - Toronto

Today, despite the fact that I'm really sick, my mom insisted that I come home and help babysit my cousins this weekend. When I got there, everyone else took off to do "errands," leaving me with three hyperactive, howler monkey-like children to deal with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 203
You deserved it 2 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fall asleep and have them mess up the whole house and wait until your parents get home and just say "I told you I wasn't feeling good"

erockinthesuburb 17

Comments

Don't let people push you around!!! You are not a door mat for them to step on. Stand up for yourself! Also, just for future reference, persistence and consistency are key to discipline. Don't let them push you around either!

One of the joys about it being family, you aren't restricted by the same rules as babysitting other kids. You can treat them like shit and still get away with it. If they don't do what you say, intimidate the shit out of them until the very thought of disobeying you makes them wet themselves. This isn't your job, you aren't getting paid, you have nothing to lose.

That's when you tell them they have 10mins to get back or they will be left alone

That sucks. I would have called their parents and then left.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Next time hang up the phone and don't answer it again.

flashback.miss 28

And quite possibly expose them to your germs. Ugh, hopefully you get nice compensation for this.

why werent u at home if u were sick... ydi if u were hungover dude

Not everyone has the joy of staying home while they are sick. I have been sick the last few days and I still have gone into work.

Um... I'm pretty sure that's the definition of babysitting

Catlvr12 10

If you were sick; why weren't you home in the first place?

ssnowywinter 0

In this case, OP was referring to home as the place they grew up, not the place they currently live (or so I could gather from the post.)

I would have ignored the pleas to come and babysit, on the account of being extremely sick. It's great to be a nice, considerate, and helpful person, but trying to please everyone never works in the end. It's a good idea to learn where to draw the line. =)