By Anonymous - 07/03/2012 06:46 - United States

Today, at work, we had an extremely rude customer who started cussing at us, and my coworker started cussing back. I jumped on the register to quickly bring down the line, and apologized to everyone for the scene. A secret shopper was in the line and claimed that I was rude. I got written up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 900
You deserved it 2 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sinamoi 18
perdix 29

That's why I always carry a little notepad and a pen when I go to a store, look around furtively and mumble into my lapel. They think I'm a secret shopper and treat me like a king.

Comments

Secret Shoppers lie and give people bad reviews because if they gave good ones, managers would realize they had good employees and didn't need Secret Shoppers to spy on the staff. The Secret Shoppers would be out of an easy paycheck so they make up bad stuff to create a fake need for their services.

There must be more effective ways to evaluate employees. Clearly, it's not working. Op, FYL :(

This was already answered in an earlier post, but Secret Shoppers are people who are hired by a store to pretend to be customers so they can report back to management about the way they were treated by the staff. In theory this is supposed to be a management tool to help retailers identify and correct employees whose sales professionalism is less than exemplary but it has degenerated into a bunch of assholes who make easy money by pretend shopping and then lying about how poorly they were treated. Management then goes apeshit on the staff and sends the shoppers back around to see if things have improved. Of course they haven't since the shoppers are liars so they say the service still sucks and the circle keeps going around. If the shoppers said the service was fine, management would realize it didn't need the shoppers because the staff was doing a good job so the shoppers would be fired. Hence, shoppers are essentially people who make a living by lying about the people who wait on you in stores.

Very thorough comment. Too thorough.

I have learned after years in retail and customer service, that no matter how nice you are to people there is going to be someone that complains about you... and management is always going to side with them no matter if it's a lie or not... and still, I am amazed that there are people out there that have no problem trying to make you lose your job and health benefits - your very livelihood - when they don't even know you and over something that may be wrong or even something the customer did themselves... ugh

#102 ... I know exactly what you mean. What the hell is wrong with people?

FajitaFreak 3

Blood, I couldn't have said it better myself. The fact that some people out there will actually take their arrogant pathetic selves and try to get someone else fired is beyond comprehension. That's evil. They depend on that job for their very survival. How can people be so heartless in this economy? So self centered?

ymhbuckshot 0

Sounds like where I used to work. No good deed goes unpunished. I did everything I could to kiss customer ass. Everything short of breaking company policy, and it was never good enough. I always got written up for being "the rude little girl." They finally just fired me. F*ckers.

alychick 5

Wow whoever did that is a dickface

You're rude for apologizing and trying to get things back on track...Right. That makes COMPLETE sense. That secret shopper was an idiot.