By DietKelp - 23/10/2015 10:30 - United States

Today, at work, I was fired from my job for being too "forward" to my boss. All I did was get him coffee and a biscuit from McDonald's to celebrate his 15-year anniversary working there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 576
You deserved it 2 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that's not a valid reason for him to fire you.try and talk to someone higher up.

Talk to headquarters and tell them your situation. You shouldn't be fired for that! Good luck op

Comments

pacman490 21

Coffee and a biscuit might be an aphrodisiac, you never know

Surely that's illegal, if that's literally the only reason?

Ecudaniel 16

OP's boss is probably fat. stupid reason to get fire tho.

Sorry op. Some people don't appreciate nice things, and instances like these, think something is wrong. But, Happy Mole Day!!

You should have just got him a card instead

To anyone saying that "they can't fire you for that", realize that if this happened in Florida Georgia Indiana Louisiana Massachusetts Missouri Montana North Carolina Pennsylvania Rhode Island Texas Virginia They are "at will" states and can fire you without reason.

I'm a supervisor in an at will state, and if I tried that they'd sue, report me to corporate, etc. and I'd lose my job instead of them. Get a lawyer; at will rarely stands up in court, and one incident of food is not enough to cry sexual harassment.

Oh also, "at will" basically means they can let you go without reason. Your idiot boss gave you a reason, a very unfounded reason. It doesn't even fall into at will anymore, but termination due to sexual harassment, which you can and should fight.

"At will" doesn't mean they can fire you at their pleasure and incur no consequences. Go to the unemployment office and file for unemployment. While you're there, ask what actions you can bring against your former employer, and ask the proper way to go about it.

Appeal that...unless brown nosing is the same as being forward

hektek 11

WTF, were you working for Lord Vader?