By one sorry mom - 05/09/2017 04:31

Today, at the mall, my 4-year-old son threw up on a man's shoes. When he approached me, I immediately machine-gun mouthed him in public. The man apparently is a doctor and concernedly said that my son may have a rare gastric disease based on the puke. I got him checked, and he's right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 905
You deserved it 7 057

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hate mothers like you. What need was there to go off on some poor dude who just got thrown up on? Ydi.

I'd call you a **** but you have not the warmth, the depth of character, nor the capacity to ever give pleasure.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Some illnesses take years to show up. We had a family friend who's daughter has celiac. They didn't know for years because she didn't show symptoms for years.

VelociTheRaptor 13
Mungolikecandy 19

As machine gun mouth means to babble, was it apologetic babbling or aggressive babbling? If it was aggressive YDI and are a nasty person, if it was apologetic someone helped your son out which is a good thing in the end.

Everyone one here seems to have interpreted it as her yelling at the poor lad but I like to think she was apologising as fast and as many times as she could and that's what she meant by "machine gun mouthing" him.

if that were the case her name wouldn't be one sorry mom or whatever

As a Brit never hearing this term I took it to mean what everyone else thinks it means. Since machine guns are aggressive i would question as to how you would apologetically machine gun someone?

Let's substitute "apologized to" for "machine-gun mouthed" in that sentence and see how it sounds. "I immediately apologized to him in public." Nope, that sounds pretty wrong. I'd say that it's the words, "in public," that are making people assume that this was an admission of bad behavior. Those words rarely follow nice things or things of which one is proud to admit.

Mungolikecandy 19

I would agree I cannot see it as being a bad thing that she was apologetic and got a free diagnosis of her child's illness so have presumed, as others, she was a horrible person after her child ruined someone's shoes. I was giving the benefit of the doubt but do tend to have a suspicion she is a horrid person. I would not expect clarification as I get the impression the person whose story it is may avoid responding.

So let me get this straight, your kid pukes on this guy and YOU yell at HIM? You're truly the most terrible kind of person

VelociTheRaptor 13

Y'all do realize that "machine gun mouthed" means to just babble on and talk quickly. in other words, this mom was probably embarrassed and began talking quickly trying to come up with an apology. But I forgot y'all are perfect parents.

PenguinPal3017 19

If that wad the case OP really needs to choose her words more carefully.

Mungolikecandy 19

I did give the benefit of the doubt but cannot see how being apologetic and getting a free and correct diagnosis is a bad thing so have a suspicion she meant she tore him a new one.

Today I got a language lesson from someone who says "y'all". FML

Zgames 4

"Y'all" Yeah... you don't have the right to correct someone on what a word or phrase means.

kmarie22_613e 25

If y'all "you all" is unacceptable so is the use of the contraction don't "do not". Y'all can shove it where the sun don't shine.

bigdaddyeric 35
Cubanloverllera 12

how is this an fml? the doctor helped the mother

You deserved it. Your kid just threw up on someone and you're just going to yell at them instead of cleaning up after the kid? *I'm assuming that's what "machine-gun mouthed" means. I haven't heard that one.

Zgames 4

I accidentally pressed the "Agree" button, that's probably where half of those numbers came from. You're an asshole and completely deserved what you got. You're going to mouth someone off because they're approaching you? Seriously? Your son potentially ruined their shoes, if that's what he was coming over for then you should be compensating him, not mouthing them off. You deserve to have the rare disease, not your son. Stop being an asshole.