By Anonymous - 29/12/2012 08:25 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, at the hospital I work at, I had to deliver my best friend's baby. I later found out that my ex boyfriend was the father. Normally this wouldn't faze me, but it did because we broke up last month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 742
You deserved it 3 110

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Now you can move on to better guys, who aren't douchebags! At least it isn't you who has his kid.

What a good best friend you have... FYL. Now you'll be reminded of being betrayed everytime you see her baby.

Comments

I'm so sorry. These two people don't deserve to be in your life. Hope it gets better for you, OP.

Well, there was probably a good reason you left him. And this can just reassure you that you made a good choice. You would think your 'friend' would have more sense though. And it's gonna hurt like a bitch when you see the kid. FYL op.

A part of me thinks it was the boyfriend who dumped OP. One month prior to this FML, because he knew his baby was coming out soon.

Well that doesnt sound like a real man at all! He wasnt man enough to not do it, and he wasnt man enough to tell you about it... As for her... -_-

What worries me is the "normally this wouldn't faze me" part. Does this happen often?

Why the hell should she care who dates her ex? She shouldn't be fazed by her ex having a baby, but now it's clear he was cheating on her while they were dating. And you read that the wrong way. OP meant she wouldn't care, except for the fact that they only broke up a month ago and now the ex has a kid.

She said my ex was the father of my best friends baby, normally this wouldn't faze me, but it did because we only broke up a month ago. Essentially, I wouldn't mind if my ex and my best friend had a baby, as long as we'd been broken up longer than a month. Yeah, I think that's a bit weird.

CharresBarkrey 15

75 - They mean as long as they had been broken up longer than 9 months. As in, as long as her ex hadn't cheated on her.

I understand that, but if my BEST FRIEND had a baby with my ex and didn't tell me he was the father, I would be pretty shocked, regardless of the timeline.

CharresBarkrey 15

I would be shocked, too, but if he didn't cheat on me it's really none of my business. If we were broken up at the time of conception, who cares? It's not like you have ownership over them or anything.

I agree, once you've broken up with someone, it's none of your business what they do. It's the "best friend" i'd be mad at. The OP didn't find out about the baby's paternity til the birth, which means the friend has been lying to her for 9 months.

So, you're saying even if two people had amazing chemistry together, they shouldn't date because once upon a time one of them had a thing with the other persons friend? That's bull. If you're all okay with it, why should the past stand in the way of what could be a happy life for two people? If you were really that persons friends, you would WANT them to be happy. (This situation doesn't apply to the FML though, because there was cheating involved.)

So, you're saying even if two people had amazing chemistry together, they shouldn't date because once upon a time one of them had a thing with the other persons friend? That's bull. If you're all okay with it, why should the past stand in the way of what could be a happy life for two people? If you were really that persons friends, you would WANT them to be happy. (This situation doesn't apply to the FML though, because there was cheating involved.)

That totally sucks. Maybe if u were better to him instead of treating him like crap then u would be delivering ur own baby. U suck u American.

That totally sucks. Maybe if u were better to him instead of treating him like crap then u would be delivering ur own baby. U suck u American.

I am more worried why it wouldn't faze you. Your BEST FRIEND just had your Ex's baby. Unless they were dating (which the FML told me they WERN'T) I would be PO'd.

Sinkhole 26

I'm guessing it wouldn't faze OP if her best friend and ex-boyfriend had started dating after they broke up, but since they didn't, it does faze her.

"Normally," this wouldn't faze you? You're a bigger woman than I, my friend.