By Anonymous - 25/05/2016 17:39 - United States - Dearborn

Today, as always, I'd be so incredibly happy if my girlfriend loved me even half as much as she loves her cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 120
You deserved it 1 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

All pussy jokes aside, you need to talk to your girlfriend if you feel like that. Communication can go a long way especially in a relationship.

Comments

Sprinkle a little cat nip in the bed, that should do the trick...:D

Honestly, my opinion on this is dependent on the length of the relationship. Animals are there for you through everything and are a huge source of comfort and affection.

I'm not gonna lie, it's quite often that I like my dogs more than my boyfriend

My pets come before my boyfriend and he understands that. They were here first and they need me more. Your girlfriend is probably like me. If you can't understand that then she deserves better.

I agree. My husband knew that my Collie and I were a package deal. If he didn't want the dog as part of the family, he didn't get me either. My dog had been a part of my life for 7 years before my husband and I got married. I wasn't just going to drop my dog if a guy said he would only accept half the pair. When I bought my Collie as a pup, that was me making the commitment to care for him for his entire life. Unfortunately, he passed on about 11 months ago now at almost 12 years old from a sudden stroke, but he was very well loved by both of us. Then you have the issue of heart dogs. That one special dog that means more than any other dog. I have that dog right now. My Xolo means so much more to me than every dog I have ever had and my husband jokes about how I love that dog more than I love him. Thankfully, he understands and, when the day comes and we end up with that special dog that means as much to him as my Xolo means to me, I'll understand too. I think animal people just have to be careful when choosing who they want to spend the rest of their life with because not everyone understands how much we love the companionship of animals. In order to be happy, we really need to find someone who loves them as much as we do.

ALittleFreak 15

I had to screenshot this and ask my boyfriend if he wrote this because OP is from my state and this is a frequent conversation between my boyfriend and I.

TaylorKopacz 13

literally same I'm asking my boyfriend this too!

racheldeanne12 15

Boyfriends are for now, cats are forever

It could be she know how to show affection to her cat, but isn't sure how to display affection towards OP. People gripe over PDA and that can mean that someone who isn't good with relationships or expressing emotions doesn't have people to observe expressing affection to romantic partners. On the other hand, you almost never see people gripe over someone being affectionate to an animal. That said, pets- especially cats and dogs- trigger parental instincts, so it's easier for people to show affection to them. Though, if OP hasn't brought this up, they probably should. Communication is good for relationships.

TheLostCauseFML 40

I was in the same situation with my Ex. He was so in love with his dog and showed it more affection than he ever would me. I feel your pain, OP...

As somebody who absolutely adores cats and misses mine if I'm away from them for 12 hours- I would suggest talking to her, find out how she actually feels, because she probably does love you a lot, she might just have different ways of showing love to her cats than to you. Work out ways to spend more time together and become more intimate to make your relationship stronger, and good luck :)