By Anonymous - 07/10/2010 04:39 - United States

Today, after years of waiting, my mom and I finally received a check from Child Support Services. Excited, I opened it up to find a check from my dad, written out for 45 cents. Which pays for maybe half a loaf of bread. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 830
You deserved it 3 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FFML_314 11

Your dad is a worthless piece of trash. Count your blessings that you don't have a dead beat like that in your life.

ask your mom for 55 more cents and you can buy a whole chocolate bar

Comments

get a sign and work fo yo money gurr/boyy:)

That is terrible news for you. My mother told me that bread used to cost 5 cents a loaf back in the 1950's.

So, the obvious solution is: build a time machine. :P

building a time machine is always a good solution : )

Can't build a time machine with $0.45. A conundrum.

But she could always get a loan and then build the time machine to go back to 1950. Then, once she goes back in time, the loan technically won't exist because it hasn't been made yet. Genius!

I think of pedophile when i see pdp._. No offense meant.

You know, there are such things as libraries and friends houses. The OP also never said that she, her mom, or even her dad was poor.

FFML_314 11

Why are people assuming that OP is poor? Stop adding stuff to the story.

She needed that money to pay for her kidney transplant. She's seven months pregnant too, $0.45 won't even pay for a can of baby food. They're 6 weeks passed due on rent and the mom just lost her job at the hotdog factory. What are they gonna do?!?!!

Val1651 0

OP can be wealthy and it wouldn't matter! OP's ********, deadbeat "sperm donor" has an obligation to pay child support to SUPPORT the child he made.

yummycupcakegirl 0

Love the picture!! Its missing a hairy mole tho...;)

Can he even do that without consequences for not paying the full amount?

My dad didn't face consequences, so there is a chance that the OP's dad didn't as well. Then again, my disappearing dad has had problems with employment.

footballguyyy 0

They really should take him to court for this.

kaijapapaya 0

Depending on the circumstances, any effort to pay, such as 45 cents, can't be penalized.

Ah loopholes. Sometimes I love them, other times I hate them. Depending on if it's me who's using them. Fuhohohoho!~

Xavi89 0

23 that can be true, or his dad is a lazy ****** living off welfare.

naaa, you can't take money out of a welfare check for child support, he must be working at a shoddy place once a week or something.

Xavi89 0

your right, but you can take money from the welfare check an send it to them as child support in a different check. :)