By Anonymous - 14/01/2014 21:09 - United States

Today, after trying for several days to change some details on the social security website, I got fed up and called them. I waited nearly two hours on hold, and when I finally got through, the guy on the other end just told me to reboot my computer and try again, then hung up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 152
You deserved it 4 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thats the first thing people tell you when something is wrong with technology. "Have you tried turning it on or off?"

Bulldozer36 21

Ahh, gotta love the well oiled machine that is the US government.

Comments

Fed up with the fed...eral government. I don't know. But clearly we need some better tech support with the government...though, it does explain a lot.

She brings up a valid point. Does anyone remember the shit show that was the launch of the Obama care website.

If it gets worse try googling it to see if anything helpful comes up .

catsie_fml 14

People are rude these days...sorry you wasted your time :(

They are and it sucks. :( I've been in food/customer service for 11 years and ALWAYS try to be polite and it frustrates me when those people are rude. I know your job sucks and you deal with assholes everyday, but is it so hard to be nice to us pleasant ones?

"Yes, I'm having trouble with your website." "Did you try turning it off and back on again?"

I was thinking maybe it was Roy on the phone..

spiritfang11237 16

..."so you want me to turn off your website and turn it back on again? ok. let's see if that works." suddenly some hacker shuts down the website and later restarts it with a few modifications stating, "Fixed?" all over the website.

Try holding shift and then clicking refresh on your browser.

In situations like this there are a lot of private resources to use that are much more concise than the governments.