By Cress - 11/02/2018 19:00

Today, my dad asked what I wanted for my birthday. The only thing I wanted was the complete series of Dragon Ball Z on DVD. He just sighed, shook his head, and asked me to pick something normal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 301
You deserved it 1 997

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm gonna guess it took a full four episodes for him to give you that response.

Oh come on, it's YOUR birthday. You should be able to ask for whatever you want.

Comments

I'm gonna guess it took a full four episodes for him to give you that response.

DraftHail614 17

Oh come on, it's YOUR birthday. You should be able to ask for whatever you want.

Yes, and he asked! Don't ask if you don't really want to know!

EarthsMightiestHeroes 20

I feel your pain, I'm a Captain America fan and every time my mom asks me what I want for Christmas or my birthday, and I say I want something Cap related, she tells me she's gonna buy me jewelry or something more "girly" instead. I don't know why, a $12 action figure would bring me much more happiness than a $600 ring I'll never wear. :/

Superheroes are for boys, you know!! I hate those gendered gifts. I always get asked if my boyfriend bought me some nice jewelry or perfume for my birthday. Well if he did he wouldn't be my boyfriend anymore.

Well if he change his mind the price for the remasterised and uncensored dvd's is 200€ (roughly $245) on Amazon.

Lobby_Bee 17

What’s wrong with you? You should have asked for sex toys and weed. That’s normal!

What child tells their parents they want a sex toy for their birthday? Even as a "joke" this was pretty disturbing.

I doubt the OP was a child. Dragon Ball Z would be pretty normal for a child. It'd be weird for a grown child to want that.

I really don't see any issue with adults watching TV shows they enjoyed when they were younger, as long as they don't let it become an unhealthy obsession where they lose touch with reality or it starts to interfere with important responsibilities. This whole mentality that you have to stop doing certain activities (such as watching cartoons or playing video games) when you grow up is complete bullshit.

I asked for the death note manga set and ended up buying it for myself for this very reason. Spoil yourself it’s your birthday!

When I want something like that, I just ask for the cash, and buy it myself. Parents like you for appreciating the gift, and you like them for helping you get your game on. Oh wait, wrong anime.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

You do realize that costs over 9000...