By SnowyConcussion - 23/12/2009 14:30 - United States

Today, after spending the past 4 days asking both my husband and my father-in-law to salt our sidewalk, I slipped on the ice. I hit my head on our concrete stairs. While holding ice on my head, my father-in-law pats my head and says "I'll go get some salt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 910
You deserved it 9 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Salt it yourself. Would that be so difficult?

Why didn't you salt it for yourself? You think it's more work than constantly bitching about it for four days? YDI.

Comments

You probably spent more time nagging than you would have spent salting the sidewalk yourself.

curiouskitty 2
Russia_fml 0

i cringed at your comment. well done

Women like you give us a bad name. Do you really need the big strong man to do it for you, since you are obviously so feminine and weak? Honestly, grow a ******* backbone and be a little bit independent. If you had an excuse not to, you would have put it in the fml. Twat.

RiiAbaby 0

hmm.. angry comments.. I personally think that the person wouldn't have thought it was a "FML" moment if she was sitting on her ass and just nagging... unless she is a fat ass....lol

There are a lot of people who feel entitled to such pampering, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was just nagging the entire time.

um so why do you need a MAN to salt your sidewalk? i've been salting our sidewalk since i was 10 years old. and yes i'm a girl. sheesh, if you want something done that badly, i dont see why you couldnt take a precious 10 minutes out of your day to do it yourself.

fretforyerlatte 0

strange how all the comments say YDI, but more people actually voted FYL, more than twice as many at this point.

Whats so unlady like by salting? Both my Mom and I salt our area every year!!

psychoxxxinvader 3

YDI for not doing it yourself.

what is salting... Is there something that I'm not getting about sidewalks and salting?

You buy a bag of salt for ice. You sprinkle it on the ice on the ground so that you won't slip on it. It works

LMFAO_fail 0

Salt lowers the freezing/melting point of water, so it deters ice from forming in the first place as well as contributing to the melting of existing ice. By the way, you might find the following resource useful: GOOGLE.COM I found this article by googling "why salt for ice": http://science.howstuffworks.com/road-salt.htm So next time, google it yourself.

Ilurveunderoath 0

that was one of the stupidest comments I have ever read! Seeing as you are obviously connected to the internet, you should have tried the marvelous invention that is google.