By SnowyConcussion - 23/12/2009 14:30 - United States

Today, after spending the past 4 days asking both my husband and my father-in-law to salt our sidewalk, I slipped on the ice. I hit my head on our concrete stairs. While holding ice on my head, my father-in-law pats my head and says "I'll go get some salt." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 910
You deserved it 9 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Salt it yourself. Would that be so difficult?

Why didn't you salt it for yourself? You think it's more work than constantly bitching about it for four days? YDI.

Comments

Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you should expect a man to salt the driveway for you. Women who expect special treatment due to their gender make us all look bad.

gigi2009 0

so do it yourself!! 104 has it right. idiot.

WOW--just checked out this website because I got the book for Christmas. What a bunch of mean-assed people. I couldn't salt my own sidewalk because the bags of salt weigh over 20 pounds and I've had three back surgeries. Not allowed. Luckily I have neighbors totally unlike all of you losers and they helped me out. May you all at some time slip on the ice and be surrounded by people just like you. Idiots. Pointing at you and calling you idiot. Merry Christmas. You all are just friggin' overflowing with the milk of human kindness, aren't you?

You can't complain because you did not make your injury clear in your FML. If you had said "They refused to salt it and I can't because of my bad back..." people would have responded differently. FYL for the real scenario, but you have to understand why people responded the way they did. And about your second comment, telling people to slip on ice and yelling at them for misunderstanding your misleading FML is not exactly respectful.

By the way, the line right under Add a comment says: Speak your mind, but please try and be respectful.

Which you also did not pay attention to. How about checking what you're writing before submission? It usually helps if one is clear, concise, and to the point. Seriously. Reread what you wrote, you say NOTHING of an injury or LACK OF ABILITY to salt. Just that you told your husband and his father to do it for you. It might help if you went over some of the other postings as well, some even include that IF you had an injury or were UNABLE to do it, then it is a FYL. Just remember: Had you mentioned an injury previously, people would have been supportive of you.

I agree with everyone that said "DO IT YOURSELF!"

if u weren't living with your husband and father-in-law, would you have moaned at every man you saw to do it for you? do it yourself, you lazy a$$

Comentator 0

Equal rights. You want em, you got em. Do it your self and stop crying.

Unless you are pregnant/injured/ill/sole breadwinner of the family with no time, why didn't you salt the sidewalk yourself? No heavy lifting involved, and you seemed to be the one most interested in getting the job done. Get your husband to wash his own socks, then you tend to safety issues since you seem to be more aware about what's going on.

Lazy. DO IT YOURSELF. Is that so hard? Now you've got a sore head because you were too lazy to salt it yourself and ensure your footing didn't slip that badly. YDI