By megsterr413 - 27/05/2016 04:45 - United States - Springfield

Today, after spending all day begging my husband to stop playing video games and show me some attention, I finally fell asleep out of boredom. As soon as I did, he shut the game off and went to hang out with our neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 823
You deserved it 1 620

megsterr413 tells us more.

hey guys, op here. I'm having a hard time posting my comment for some reason. but thanks for the feedback we mended the problem. and for the record we always play video games together but he was playing a single player game I couldn't exactly join in , I wasn't interested in playing my game or anything else really but him. he realized he was a bit in sensitive and has since made up for it and apologized. he also said he did come looking for me but he felt bad waking me up. we have been married happily for 6 years now and it was a small very minor bump in the road. thanks for all your concern though

Top comments

Next time he asks for dinner just ignore him until he falls asleep. Then go eat with your neighbor.

Sounds to me like he was waiting for his chance to escape the house and was never planning to humor you.

Comments

Maybe he shut it off to come find you but then found you sleeping and didn't want to wake you?

Next time he asks for dinner just ignore him until he falls asleep. Then go eat with your neighbor.

That only works if he doesn't know how to cook.

lol he doesn't cook often. so when I saw this I laughed pretty hard. best comment so far I think !

At first I thought that said "eat your neighbor". I had to reread that

burn the house down. it'll keep you awake and him not on his computer

burgermike92 17

It'll also leave them homeless.

Sounds to me like he was waiting for his chance to escape the house and was never planning to humor you.

Yeah maybe he didn't want to wake her up but that was kind of rude for what he did. My ex did that. My current love, he balance it out. He can play his games all he want, and he do take a break in between couple of times to be with me to watch a show or sometime I play with him a game we can play.

You shouldn't have to beg your husband for attention, and you especially shouldn't have to spend an entire day doing it. Your marriage won't last long if that behavior continues, and you should tell him that.

Badkarma4u 17

If he is doing something she needs to respect that. Husband's do it all the time. There are millions of men who would love attention during dancing with the Stars, but we deal with it.

Difference: "Dancing with the Stars" takes up one hour of a whole week. This husband played video games for an entire day. That was a really terrible example. And no, he can't expect his wife to be content to be ignored all day. Sure, it's not unreasonable to want a few hours for yourself doing an activity, but spending a whole day doing it when you know your wife wants your company is not okay. That's utterly selfish. That behavior is forgivable maybe once or twice, but when it becomes a habit then the wife isn't getting anything out of the relationship so she might as well not be in it anymore.

When you're excluding family and ignoring your spouse for a hobby, it's not a hobby any more.

metalcrazed 21

But you only know he ignored her one time and honestly if I was trying to relax and someone was nagging at me all day I would be annoyed.

hipposteve 21

Girl! wine is good for the soul! so is call of duty. Play with him :)

Maybe she doesn't like COD. She shouldn't have to spend all her time doing something she dislikes because it's the only thing her own husband is willing to do with her.

hipposteve 21

Grace, you sound like a downer. Doing things they like, I would assume would be a nice gesture. You know, being sweet.

Nothing wrong with doing things your partner likes that you don't. I spent a portion of my anniversary fishing, an activity I dislike, because my husband wanted to and he wanted me to do it with him. He likewise has gone dancing with me for no reason other than that I wanted him to go dancing with me. Doing things you dislike that your partner does can be a wonderful bonding experience--if you're doing it because your partner wants you to, not because they're determined to do it with or without you and it's the only way to spend any time with them. Otherwise you create a standard and then you're going to end up always doing what he wants, never what you want and then the only enjoyment you get out of life is when he acknowledges your presence. Sounds like a pretty miserable existence, doesn't it?

It sounds like it is a common occurrence. My wife and I both play video games, me more than her, but sometimes she wants to do something together. So I set the controller down and pay attention to her. He sounds like a manchild.

I sometimes do multiplayer video games with my spouse, but CoD bores the shit out of me (no offence to people who enjoy it). Sacrifices go both ways - if he really wanted to involve his wife in the hobbies that are taking up all his time he could probably find something that would actually interest her - there are plenty of games out there.

Tbh, I get sick playing games with a first person view, so I wouldn't be able to do that for my partner. The amount of times I've had to disappoint him because I couldn't play a game with him, due to it being first person.... But still, it's advised to take breaks throughout game play, surely OP's husband could've taken breaks to spend a little time with her.

How did you "beg"? I think that is a key factor in this FML. If you whined like a 5 year, you deserved to be ignored. If you asked nicely, your husband is a dick.

No, it doesn't matter. Either way he knew she was feeling neglected. And, sure, I could understand being reluctant to spend time with someone who is nagging you and making them wait an extra hour or two, but all day? No, that is not acceptable, whether she was being obnoxious or not.

No, you're wrong, if she whined like a 5-year-old, she deserves to be beaten with a ruler. If she asked him like an adult, courteously, she deserves all the attention and love and affection the world.

^Troll alert. Sorry, buddy. Try being more subtle next time.