By megsterr413 - 27/05/2016 04:45 - United States - Springfield

Today, after spending all day begging my husband to stop playing video games and show me some attention, I finally fell asleep out of boredom. As soon as I did, he shut the game off and went to hang out with our neighbor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 823
You deserved it 1 620

megsterr413 tells us more.

hey guys, op here. I'm having a hard time posting my comment for some reason. but thanks for the feedback we mended the problem. and for the record we always play video games together but he was playing a single player game I couldn't exactly join in , I wasn't interested in playing my game or anything else really but him. he realized he was a bit in sensitive and has since made up for it and apologized. he also said he did come looking for me but he felt bad waking me up. we have been married happily for 6 years now and it was a small very minor bump in the road. thanks for all your concern though

Top comments

Next time he asks for dinner just ignore him until he falls asleep. Then go eat with your neighbor.

Sounds to me like he was waiting for his chance to escape the house and was never planning to humor you.

Comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

you fell asleep out of boredom? so you just sat there waiting? find something to occupy yourself while waiting or just to occupy yourself.

Mathalamus 24

instead of begging your husband for attention, try doing stuff, even playing games, to occupy your time so you don't need attention. the husband has no obligation to shower you with attention. his obligation is to himself first, before anything. selfish attitude, yes, but one that everyone should do. although... hanging out with a neighbor does seem odd to me.

Why get married just to ignore your wife? Might as well stay single if you're just going to take care of only yourself. You'll save her a lot of wasted time and affection and she can marry someone who is actually interested in a relationship.

Mathalamus 24

it isn't like that. no one is supposed to have to beg someone else for attention. especially married couples. i just think that she needs to take better care of herself, if she is so lacking in morale, health or stability to have to *beg* for attention. seriously, even i only did that if i was in seriously dire straits.

That is the most asinine thing I have ever read. If both parties in the relationship feel they are first, the relationship is not going to work. If both are selfless, give more to the relationship than they take, that makes a relationship work.

You're right; no one should have to beg for attention. But OP isn't pathetic for wanting to spend time with her husband. That is the whole point of marriage after all. *He's* pathetic for caring more about a video game than his wife--a living breathing human being who loves him.

That attitude might "work" in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but not in a marriage or committed relationship. Being selfish will only lead to heartbreak. Sure, both parties should do things that they like to do but not at the cost of hurting the person they supposedly care about.

Mathalamus 24

wrong. you are supposed to put yourself first, until you feel at least neutral, emotionally, mentally, and physically. if you meet all those, and most of you exceed that by far, then you can focus on others. its basic stuff. didn't everyone know this? i only discovered it because the "selfless attitude" is what caused the nasty heartbreak.

The point of marriage is making yourself and partner equals. This isn't self preservation or a survival situation, this is acknowledging that if you're gonna marry someone, you shouldn't force them to literally beg for attention. Marriage is full of sacrifices, and if one partner isn't willing to make them, it's gonna be a shit marriage.

True, one should put themselves first in general throughout life, but is it really that much to ask to not play video games for a few hours? Jeez. You're acting like she's asking him to give up his hopes and dreams.

metalcrazed 21

It's pathetic to spend all day nagging at someone who clearly doesn't want to spend time with you. The fact that you spent the entire day badgering him makes it seem like you need constant validation and that is exausting. You could have gone out with your friends or anything else.

Yeah, 60. It's so pathetic to want to spend time with your husband. It's almost like she loves him or something. So weird.

How do you know she didn't try that? And seduction often doesn't work anyway, and leaves one with the added insult and disappointment of being scolded for trying to initiate sex with their own husband/ wife.

I don't get this. If I get married, my wife will be the only person I willingly pay attention to, and I would stop playing games immediately if I knew she needed attention.

How exactly would you know he did it as soon as you feel asleep?

Your Husband should consider the time that you require as a part of the relationship contract between the two of you. I would consider speaking with him concern the matter, in a calm collected manner allowing him the opportunity to correct it, and provided that does not change it is time for a different conversation. You know that or walk in front of the game butt ass naked, and then keep him waiting after the game is shut off.

My boyfriend does this. Plays games literally all day everyday and it really makes me feel like shit, I can feel where she's coming from. But that's screwed up.

He's just a boyfriend. Dump him. Find yourself a boyfriend who will pay attention to you, and in the meantime, find yourself and reconnect with friends and family. I promise you'll be infinitely happier.

If you're feeling like shit in your relationship, that's a bad sign and super unhealthy. You either need to 1) talk to your bf about how you feel (if you haven't already done this) or 2) just leave. If he prioritizes a fictional game over your own relationship, he's not worth it. Especially if he knows that it makes you feel like shit, if he's aware of this and still isn't changing his actions, he doesn't really care that much.

the question mark at the end was supposed to be a smiley face.

hey guys, op here. I'm having a hard time posting my comment for some reason. but thanks for the feedback we mended the problem. and for the record we always play video games together but he was playing a single player game I couldn't exactly join in , I wasn't interested in playing my game or anything else really but him. he realized he was a bit in sensitive and has since made up for it and apologized. he also said he did come looking for me but he felt bad waking me up. we have been married happily for 6 years now and it was a small very minor bump in the road. thanks for all your concern though

Glad to hear this isn't a habit for him. Good luck in your marriage and here's to hoping this doesn't happen again.

thanks grecehi I'm glad you've had my back this whole time !!

No problem. :) I know what you want through that day. Happened to me before and it sucks.

takeittoem 8

This FML makes me sad. I hope this was unusual, OP, and that your husband usually cares for and about you.