By ashprove611 - 27/12/2012 09:47 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, after ranting to my boyfriend about how Pandora bracelets are pointless and cliched and that I'd never spend that kind of money on a tiny charm, he gave me my Christmas present. It was a Pandora bracelet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 530
You deserved it 57 487

ashprove611 tells us more.

ashprove611 7

Hi, OP here...Ok it was a couple days before Christmas that I ranted about it, and he had already bought me the bracelet. But It's not an FML because I hated the bracelet, it's an FML because I felt so bad about it and had no idea he got me one. The bracelet ended up being beautiful and thoughtful and I love it. The beads he got were the exact ones I would have picked out myself.

Top comments

Anyone else totally see where this FML was headed right away? Anyway, FYL, but I find it's best not to complain about items ON Christmas Day, but rather before so they know what not to get you. Otherwise this happens ;)

kotana191 8

Comments

At least he gave you something at all. My (ex) boyfriend was having financial problems so I told him he didn't have to get me anything. But he got his friends things so I kept thinking he was gonna pull mine out and give it to me. He never did

he probably thought you idirectly told him you wanted it

enigmo_fml 12
abouttofly 12

Poor boyfriend? Maybe he should have known better than to spend a lot of money getting her something she doesn't want.

You do know Christmas is on the 25th and not the 27th? YDI FOR NOT TELLING HIM THAT EARLIER THAN CHRISTMAS DAY.

It's okay. I did the same thing. He was afraid I wasn't gonna like it. As I was opening my gift, I said "what, is it something stupid, like a scarf?" Joking around. Scarf. Beautiful scarf though. I just don't wear scarves. FYL, hope it works out for you!

She made the comment before she got it. You people shouldnt blame her for having an opinion. Now he knows for next year. Thats what a relationship is about: getting to know each other, learn from mistakes and move on. Just talk to yr bf OP, if he loves you he will understand!

redhedsaysrawr 18

At least your boyfriend got you something nice, and got you jewelry. And hints never or at least hardly ever work on men, you have to flat out say what you want before they get you something.