By ashprove611 - 27/12/2012 09:47 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, after ranting to my boyfriend about how Pandora bracelets are pointless and cliched and that I'd never spend that kind of money on a tiny charm, he gave me my Christmas present. It was a Pandora bracelet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 530
You deserved it 57 487

ashprove611 tells us more.

ashprove611 7

Hi, OP here...Ok it was a couple days before Christmas that I ranted about it, and he had already bought me the bracelet. But It's not an FML because I hated the bracelet, it's an FML because I felt so bad about it and had no idea he got me one. The bracelet ended up being beautiful and thoughtful and I love it. The beads he got were the exact ones I would have picked out myself.

Top comments

Anyone else totally see where this FML was headed right away? Anyway, FYL, but I find it's best not to complain about items ON Christmas Day, but rather before so they know what not to get you. Otherwise this happens ;)

kotana191 8

Comments

Personally, I don't care for those Pandora bracelet either but if you feel so strong against them, it probably would have been nice to drop hints on your feelings about them long before he first started shopping for your gift. Poor guy, probably feels like an ass for wasting money on what he thought would be a great personalized gift. Btw not all of them are expensive. You can get good deals on them as long as you don't go crazy loading up on charms. That's where it can add up to get expensive.

Pandora might be expensive but I got my girlfriend a chamilla bracelet he loves. I can add to it and it has become a sort of timeline representing our relationship. They can be a good present if thought is put into it.

It's possible OP was only bad-mouthing Pandora bracelets because she didn't want her boyfriend to feel bad for not being able to afford one for her (even though he obviously could).

I got a pandora bracelet for Christmas.... They are really nice just be happy he loved/liked you enought to even get you something

medichick 5

Either you're awesome at reverse psychology or you're just a bitch lol. Either way you got a nice bracelet, enjoy it.

Werken247 14

Better than a body wash that only he uses.

As nice as it was that he spent that kind of amount on you buying you a nice bracelet, apparently he doesn't actually know you so you're not entirely at fault.

BellaBelle_fml 23

This may be true however, I'm married and I still don't know everything about my husband. Its impossible to know every little detail about your partner. Even after over 30 years of my parents being married they continue to discover new things about each other. It's so much fun to learn about them and discover their likes/dislikes. It's part of being married and being in any other form of relationship.