By ashprove611 - 27/12/2012 09:47 - United States - Tonawanda

Today, after ranting to my boyfriend about how Pandora bracelets are pointless and cliched and that I'd never spend that kind of money on a tiny charm, he gave me my Christmas present. It was a Pandora bracelet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 530
You deserved it 57 487

ashprove611 tells us more.

ashprove611 7

Hi, OP here...Ok it was a couple days before Christmas that I ranted about it, and he had already bought me the bracelet. But It's not an FML because I hated the bracelet, it's an FML because I felt so bad about it and had no idea he got me one. The bracelet ended up being beautiful and thoughtful and I love it. The beads he got were the exact ones I would have picked out myself.

Top comments

Anyone else totally see where this FML was headed right away? Anyway, FYL, but I find it's best not to complain about items ON Christmas Day, but rather before so they know what not to get you. Otherwise this happens ;)

kotana191 8

Comments

fayemae 11

U sound selfish to me. Anyone who take the time and money to get you a beautiful bracket cares about u but it's not good enough for u

It's not like she ranted about how horrible the bracelets are AFTER she opened it. If she knew what she was getting or opened it before the rant then yes, she would be a selfish bitch but that isn't the case here.

CharresBarkrey 15

I'm sure she appreciated the thought afterwards. I feel like this FML is more about OP feeling like an ass than about the actual gift.

ashprove611 7

be happy that your boyfriend wanted to spend so much money to make you happy. Most women love this kind of jewelry, how could he know? Loads of women have boyfriends who treat them like sh!t, yours is a keeper. Be happy you got him. also, christmas isn't about gifts.

Honey - not most women. Most women you personally know might like them, but that does not mean you can make a sweeping generalisation when it concerns something incredibly personal! For the record, I think that pandora bracelets are ugly and over priced, but that doesn't mean that I think everyone else does!

I am a woman and I'm inclined to agree that they are ugly, clunky as hell, and way over priced. I personally would be pissed if my boyfriend got me one one 1.) because I hate them, and 2) There are so many better things him and I could use that money for.

Hopefully you made up for the shitty comment.

also he didnt buy you something totally inconsiderate, like some other people posted on this site the past few days.

I wouldn't say she was being particularly ungrateful. She had a strong oppinion about disliking something. We all have moments like that. The only difference is she unfortunatly expressed her oppinion at the wrong time (right before getting said gift). In my oppinion I think they're both kinda at fault. It seems like he didn't get to know her well enough to know not to buy that bracelet. Either he didn't have time to find out she doesn't like them as they were a new couple at which point he probably shouldn't be spending that kind of money on the gift or he had enough time to find out what she did and didn't like but didn't and just bought a clichéd gift that all girls (true or not) are supposed to like.

I would have loved to get a customized present like that, if he added beads that made him think of you or whatever. Bet you feel awful though having just complained about it before you knew you got it :/

calliet145 14

I completely agree with you OP. Pandora bracelets are ridiculous. I think they're really tacky and cheap looking. I've seen similar looking bracelets in the dollar store. All you're doing is paying for a name. They're definitely not all they're cracked up to be, and I wouldn't want one either. They're junky.

I actually think they can be thoughtful and nice depending on the charms. I add to my girlfriends bracelet every now and again with a charm representing something in our lives and it looks quite nice.

I actually agree with you. They're thoughtful gifts, but I've seen prettier charm bracelets for a lot cheaper. I think its the style they use. The silver looks tarnished and boring. Id love the gift if someone got it for me, but I think girls only really like it because of the name. And how it screams $$$. I'd rather get something from Tiffany's.

Tiffany's is SO expensive! I usually get Chamilla charms because they are nice but not as expensive. I am a student after all.

I love Tiffany's but because they're so expensive I don't ask my husband for things from there. I have a set of earrings and a necklace from Tiffany's he gave me as gifts, but that's all I need. Any other jewelry I want I buy elsewhere. For Christmas I got a $15 pair of starfish earrings from Etsy. Compared to $300 starfish earrings from Tiffany's, yikes

By the time you buy the pandora bracelet and spend the $50 per charm, you can get a decent bracelet on sale at Tiffany's!

mham1732 3