By Anonymous - 25/07/2014 02:04 - Canada - Burnaby

Today, after months of job hunting, I finally got a phone interview with a company. Excited, I prepared for the interview and conducted extensive research on the company. The interview ended within a minute. They'd got the wrong person. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 235
You deserved it 3 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaiDog 20

At least that one minute went well? Maybe if they don't like the other guy, they'll call you up again!

correction, YOU didn't get the wrong job! joke's on them

Comments

They didn't even give you a chance? Come on times are tough already

wow I'm so sorry OP. Don't give up there are more jobs out there. :)

I wouldn't hire someone who doesn't understand when to use "a" or "an."

JadeWinter 16

Maybe it's a good chance to ask them for feedback on your resume and why they didn't think you were a suitable candidate? Good luck finding a job, I know all too well how hard it is. Hopefully you finding something amazing soon!! :)

"an phone interview request" *facepalm*

I got a phone interview with Verizon last week. They said it was going great and scheduled me for a second interview. They blew me off and never called. After a week of calling them and sending emails I got the "we found a better candidate" email. I've got 2 bachelor degrees in marketing and communication, I'm a professional hardware engineer and I've worked in retail my whole life.

Is no one else bothered by "an phone interview"??

I once had a company call me to tell me I was hired. A few minutes into the conversation they realized they had meant to call someone else who had the exact same name as I mine.

vividpictures 17

Wow, that's so unprofessional of that company! At least you know where to not look for work.