By FML - 24/12/2011 01:32 - Sweden

Today, after having recently moved 300 miles to be with my boyfriend of 2 years, I have to celebrate Christmas alone. He never thought our relationship important enough to tell his family about me, and doesn't want it to be "awkward." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 790
You deserved it 5 061

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OCDC 9

Well then it shouldn't be too awkward for his family when you dump him.

every1luvsboners 11

Comments

12vballchick12 5

Boyfriend? Doesn't sound like it

What the hell. I'd just introduce myself if I were you. Either that or dump him.

flockz 19

i think he doesn't want to let mr.palm and mrs.palm know that all their threesomes were going to end. he cut the weakest link.

It must have been been pretty "awkward" when you broke up with him after that

Get your things and leave without any notice, OP. If he bothers to ask, just say you didn't, of course, want things to be "awkward." Don't get your hopes up abut him actually caring. From the little bit that is revealed by this FML, the effort put into relationship has been done by you, and possibly blindly. Try meeting the family first before making such a life changing commitment as a 300 mile drive. They're better out there for you and you'll find them. All aside FYL OP, and try to have a Merry Christmas - the bright side to this is hopefully realizing you're worth more than this, and by next season you could prove it. :)

I don't think I could be with a guy for more than a few months without at least talking to his family at some point. If this person is a part of your life, you need to know the other people in their life.

Especially before uprooting yourself and moving 300 miles to be with someone... Two years and they have no idea she exists... SMH. He is still an ass for letting her make that move though. :(

He isn't a real man to tell his parents.

Poetaster 10

It will get worse from here on. I would suggest that he is not important enough to spend another minute with ... Go back home.