By Superman - 15/11/2012 06:01 - United States - Bellflower

Today, after finishing a test, I decided to draw to pass the time. My teacher looked at the drawing and gave me a referral to the principal for drawing an "anti-Semitic picture." I'd drawn Superman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 098
You deserved it 1 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow... I wonder what your teacher might have said if u had drawn Captain America.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally draw SuperHitler? It's actually a common mistake.

Comments

I think I know where this came from - she thought Superman's 'S' was the 'S' used in the SS of the nazi party.

Two radically different designs, man. One has a single big, red, curving S on a yellow back inside a red pentagon while the other has two silver, angular lightning bolts on a black back inside a silver rectangle. Unless, of course, OP can't draw letters for spit.

35: FYI They're not "angular lightning bolts", they're runes that correspond to the letter "S".

Runes or not, it's difficult to say with any degree of honesty that they look identical. Joking or not, it didn't make me laugh.

No it's not! If you remember the position Superman is know for when he's flying, and at the same time think about the well known Hitler greeting, to heil, you will notice that they can look a lot like the same in a bad drawing!

Awwww... Did you draw a little Hitler 'stach on him?

It's called a "toothbrush" 'stashe and some people who show no sympathy for the man are seen sporting them. The more you know…

34- I've seen you comment multiple times on this FML, and the first couple times you came off as interesting, but after that, like on this comment for example, you are just coming off as a douche, correcting tiny mistakes that are barely even mistakes. Lighten up.

If it isn't me who will set the records straight, it'll be someone else. Be grateful I'm not the excessively scathing and sardonic kind.

But you're right. I did sound like a douche and that wasn't my intention, so for that, I apologize. But seriously, who likes to be wrong?

"be grateful I'm not the excessively scathing and sardonic kind." Translation: "I'm not a HUMUNGOUS douche, just a normal-sized douche"

krisskrossed 5

34- Please, stop being rude. The first few were okay. I appreciated them. Now it's being rude, crude, and unacceptable. You don't have to always be right. How will we learn right from wrong without mistakes?:)

34- I don't think you came off rude, it's fine. Besides I love learning new things, but I think I'll continue calling it Hitler stache because I like how it sounds cooler and people actually know what you're talking about. Toothbrush stache just sounds silly, like a mustache on a toothbrush is what I immediately pictured! Thanks for the useless info though! :)

RedPillSucks 31

@94 How will you learn right from wrong if no one corrects your mistake?

missababgaga 19

Goodness, your teacher needs to take the stick out of their ass

FMLpunster 7

Ha!! Thats what you get for being creative.

KiddNYC1O 20

One's being creative if they draw a picture of the legendary Superman?

did you draw the S on his chest as a swastika?

He probably had Superman flying with one arm straight out in what was supposed to be an aerodynamic-looking pose but ended up looking like a Nazi salute.

Like it or not... It is called freedom of expression... And it is covered under the constitution. Your teacher is an idiot.

chick92282 15

Pfft, the Constitution has no bearing in a classroom. It can't, really, or else kids in school would have the right to bear arms and that would NOT be a good thing. Also, OP is probably a minor (under the age of 18) and many of the rights outlined in the Constitution are stipulated for adults (the right to vote for example). Think before you comment!

Wrong. You see, the constitution prohibits the government from making laws that restrict those rights. The only body that is directly ruled by the constitution is the government. If the government said you couldn't draw Hitler, that's against the constitution. But, this is not.

39- first off no just no a school is a government building and therefor that is why it is illegal to carry guns on those premises (ie post office, police dept., ect.) the first amendment rights extend to all us citezins including minors (saying the constitution rights dont apply to minors is like saying you can crully and unusually punish minors) mabie you should practice what you preach

CharresBarkrey 15

55 - Really? "Citezins" and "mabie?" Jesus, you're just getting worse and worse at this.

JerryH 9

I guess superman looks like Hitler now