By CantWin - 07/06/2016 22:38 - United States - Provo

Today, after finally applying myself and busting my butt all semester, I found out the school is accusing me of cheating because they couldn't believe I could have gotten near-perfect grades considering my grade history. If this is how society rewards academic turnarounds, why do I even bother? FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 995
You deserved it 1 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MetalxSoldier 26

Just let them know that you are just trying harder and that you worked your ass off to EARN those grades. If they don't believe you, ask them to try to prove you wrong. I'm sure that won't be a problem with your near perfect grades. Good luck op.

Sorry to hear that, but well done on pulling things back. Hopefully they'll recognise the achievement; surely your class work must have improved as well? That would be a bit of a giveaway that you didn't cheat.

Comments

follow up with I busted my ass for these marks ..you call me a cheater..the onus is on you to prove it! otherwise give me the grades i earned

Prove them wrong OP! Get even better grades or on honor role next time and drive them nuts!!

Sandman2015 12

The best words in this situation are: PROVE IT. You can't be penalized because they THINK you are cheating.

Keep doing what you're doing man. They have NOTHING on you. Ignore the skepticism and keep being the best that you KNOW you are. I for one am happy for you. Good job.

Well be proud.... It's such a change everyone noticed!!

Trust me, my college had screwed me over with a ton of bad teachers, and worst was one was a speech teacher who refused to let me do my speeches and would constantly fail me cause she played favorites. I've even went to the school and they didn't do much! I decided to leave the school and if they're going to treat you like this, I recommend you do that too!

If you didn't cheat, then they have no evidence to find. Don't worry about it and just keep on rolling they can accuse all they want

That sucks. But surely they have the burden of proof. If they have no evidence, they can do nothing but accept your work, right?

It depends, most people take time to work grades up over time, for example they get mostly cs then work up to b- then b and b plus and so on, if you went from d- to b+ then that should be suspicious

Congrats on getting better grades! Maybe try showing the school all your notes and get people to testify to how much harder you've been working lately. You shouldn't be punished for trying to be a better student!