By charmed - 12/08/2016 08:53

Today, after being single for over five years, I was chatted up at the airport. Sadly, Prince Charming was a homeless guy who had very strong body odour, soiled trousers, a can of cheap beer and bugs in his dreads. He kissed my hand. I feel violated. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 280
You deserved it 1 925

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was just being nice, it was a compliment. It's not like he groped you or did anything inappropriate, cheer up OP. Although his described appearance is horrible, just appreciate the gesture.

At least you know there's still a little bit of hope.

Comments

very judgemental you are, breed you must not

and you think your comment isn't judgmental?

so her being judgmental about a homeless person is? it's called an opinion... but wait! this is 2016 the year of the offended internet pussy. I'm sorry I forgot! here is some complimentary tissues and a bridge to jump off :)

polsen4273 8

Thats funny right there, I dont care who you are!

da_epic_failman 7

Don't be mean! The only reason you feel violated is because he was ugly. Maybe tell him that you'd be his girlfriend if he cleaned himself up. Or help the guy find a job. Or tell him you don't feel comfortable being touched.

It could be OP feels violated because OP didn't want someone kissing her hand. My sister is a bit of a hypochondriac and I know she would have freaked if that had happened to her and really worried about it. It isn't very nice. And why should OP say she'll be his girlfriend? She doesn't know him at all, we don't know why he is homeless. I think entering into a relationship with him where OP tries to get him a job might not be a good idea, she doesn't know him at all. There are charities that can do that safely. Telling him she isn't comfortable being touched is a good idea :)

She never said he was ugly, she described his dirty appearance.

From the way you describe this man, it seems more he was looking for anyone to be nice enough to chat with & obviously you were kind enough to give him the time of day. People aren't always hitting on you when they attempt small talk tho he very well may have been. Kudos to you for being kind. But if a relationship is what your looking for - then put yourself out there "in proper" ways, be you, & certainly don't go after anything only to settle. People go for confidence often. Make yourself the most important thing & you will eventually draw to you those with the same path in life. Being single can be a much better way of life than fighting & losing yourself trying to always be in a relationship just to not feel alone :)

dietcoke09 25

I'm sure you wouldn't feel violated if he was a well groomed man with a job.

He kissed your hand, not your boob, calm down, I'm sure he's pretty lonely too.

How can you say violated and prince charming together? You either fell in love with a homeless (desperate), or think your better than people who are less well off (asshole). Either way you're responsible for your actions.

Why are people saying to get over it? If someone feels violated they're allowed. They didn't say it was because he's homeless. I wouldn't want anyone I didn't know kissing my hand either but I guess it depends on the person. Not everyone is comfortable with it!