By Anonymous - 14/04/2014 10:12 - Malta - Qormi

Today, after a dental appointment, my lips were numb. On the bus on my way back home, the cutest girl smiled at me. In attempt to smile back, I forgot my lips were numb and ended up spitting my chewing gum at her. I had to switch buses. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 165
You deserved it 5 987

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were chewing gum with numb lips? Really?? You should do what I do after getting lidocaine injected in my mouth - Mumble incoherently and drool like an idiot.

Well at least you'll never see her again..

Comments

Well at least you'll never see her again..

MichellinMan 20

Today I saw the cute girl I spit my gum at yesterday, fml

#10, so switching buses mean nothing to you?

RedPillSucks 31

It's not clear that OP meant switching busses "forever" or just that OP got off the current ride and waited for another bus just for that day.

Sorry about that man, that really sucks. :/

"Today, I saw this cute guy on the bus and, feeling a bit confident, I smiled at him. He then spit his gum out at me, and hurriedly got off the bus." FHL?

You were chewing gum with numb lips? Really?? You should do what I do after getting lidocaine injected in my mouth - Mumble incoherently and drool like an idiot.

That's right. Use the lidocaine as an excuse, Doc.

Why were you even chewing gum after getting dental work? Sorry Op, don't think that was wise at all!

sweetprettykitty 10

The dentist will sometimes give you gum after seeing him/her. But normally you're supposed to wait at least an hour, right?

cosmicriver 17

Yes, some dentists give you gum. Albeit, it depends on what they have to do. Now, if you get 3 or 4 teeth yanked out of your skull, not only will the dentist not recommend it, but that will probably be the last thing you would think of doing.

Numb lips...it's the worst feeling. On the bright side you'll never see her again!

Well that's a first and lasting impression, fyl

Today, on my way home, a guy spat his gum in my face...FML

Yeah, sucks man. (Obvious) piece of advice, don't chew gum with numb lips. In a way, you're lucky that you didnt do something worse to yourself, i.e bite your lip and bust it without noticing it.

iOceanus 18

Am I the only one wondering how gum shoots out of one's mouth while attempting to smile?

ChristianH39 30

17 I was kind of wondering how OP managed that too, but I've never gotten my gums/lips numbed so I won't judge lol

Chewing things with a numbed mouth is scary. My mom once fed me shrimp after a dentist appointment and I thought I bit through my cheek several times before I finally gave up and stopped eating. I can't imagine trying to chew gum!

Lebeaugars95 20

lol this reminds me of Harry potter

Okay right now I really want to correct myself but I know everyone is going to dislike this comment anyway

I think he's referencing the scene in the fifth movie where Harry spits his pumpkin juice out when he tries to smile at Cho over breakfast. Or at least, that's the only scene I can think of off the top of my head where this FML could be related.

Could also be the scene where Ron starts spitting up slugs...I don't remember any girls being involved though.

Lebeaugars95 20

No, this probably refers to the scene from book 7 when the trio was caught by snatchers, and, to protect Harry, Hermione hexed him and disfigured his face. I was thinking about that too...

Rainhawk94 27

Taking drooling over a girl to the next level

Be happy that she didnt make anyone ready to beat you up!!

arandomusernameaa 20

Because who doesn't beat people up when they make a mistake...

Lebeaugars95 20

Is this supposed to be a reference to the FML with the girl who gets some one on the bus to beat the OP up for "taking pictures" of her? That's the only thing I can think of that would make you say this ...