By Anonymous - 06/03/2010 01:11 - United States

Today, a soldier in my unit had unknowingly lost a GPS in the woods and my section was sent to go find it. After hours of wading through chest high swamps in 32 degree weather, the GPS was found, thanks to the soldier who lost it. It was in his vest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 176
You deserved it 2 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

caticaticati 3

I can't believe people think this says anything about the state of the military. Do you know how many highly intelligent people do shit like this on occasion? It happens.

Comments

encouraging to hear that the US military are so on the ball. YDI

krisanda 5

Since you obviously know everything, maybe you should enlist and attempt to help? Or just sit on your ass and crack jokes about service members for the rest of your meaningless life.. Which ever.

Well. It's comforting to know that your fellow soldier is such a genius...I'm glad he's protecting my country.....I hope he at least had his looks

caticaticati 3

I can't believe people think this says anything about the state of the military. Do you know how many highly intelligent people do shit like this on occasion? It happens.

That's true....but sometimes one little mistake can lead to another...that happens too

unknownanswer 0

Hey anyone's who's servered or is doing so can talk if YOU have a problem with it pick up a rifle and then talk.

pinkmd 0

you join then, show us how it's done. obviously you can do a better job than all of us. once, I lost a pair of sunglasses and found them on my head. oh no, now our military is really screwed!

rldostie 19

I can't stand people who complain about soldiers while happily typing away behind their computer, sitting on their ass. where were you when I was in Iraq? oh, out partying and having a good ol time? good for you. you're welcome, btw.

I agree with #19. And I'm sure this will be taken all wrong and out of context but #39, what is it I should be grateful to you for? You being in Iraq did nothing for me. I've lost many family members and friends in various wars and I attempted to join the military myself. I respect anyone who serves his/her country but please don't come down as if you are serving some noble calling and the rest of us are wankers pissing our lives away.

rldostie 19

imaginary Foe--Its not about Iraq but about serving and protecting your freedoms. Even in peace time, what do you think a standing army does? If all those soldiers decided not to give their time and service, what do you think would happen? How quickly do you think others will invade? how much will you miss us when you're being forced to learn another language or culture? The guy with the biggest stick is the least likely to get mugged. And us soldiers are that big stick. so again, you're welcome.

I understand the purpose of the military; as I said, I come from a military tradition and I respect it. My response was specific to your comment about being in Iraq which, I repeat, did nothing for me. Unless you go around thanking road crews, construction workers, software engineers, etc., you can leave off with the "You're welcomes". Everyone with a job contributes to the solid infrastructure of a country.

You say a soldier "Does nothing for me." Do you seriously think that? I seriously doubt you come from a military family or you would have a lot more respect. Do you put your life on the line every minuet of every day? Do you leave your loved ones at home to serve your country? Have you lost your life protecting that flag you see every day of your life? No, you haven't. You have stated that you wanted to be in the military. Frankly I'm glad you didn't get in because I wouldn't want anyone who disrespects someone who protects them even close to the military. And you should be thanking him! He is protecting your life, your country! It is because of heroes such as him that you are not dead right now. Soldiers sacrifice their lives for you every day and you dare say that they do nothing for you? People like you question humanity.

LtHoward 0

I agree with 19! Shit like this happens, one mistake and the guy is apparently an idiot. Accidents happen.

That's a pretty stupid mistake, though. If it were lost on site or somewhere out on the field? okay. But sending out soldiers to a swamp before you've even checked your pockets? This guy is definitely an idiot and I'd hate to have him on my team.

LtHoward 0

Yeah, It's a bad mistake, considering it also took several hours for him to realize he had it in his vest. I'm guessing he had his vest off when he realized it was "missing"? One bad incident though should not label the man as an idiot. For all we know it's the only mistake the guy has ever made and is a completely dependable man, then again.. for all we know it's simply another of several mistakes the guy has made, we don't know that lol

You try humping 80lbs of gear through swamp and see if you come out with all your gear. sometimes crap happens. tell me honestly you have never lost your keys only to find them locked in your car or some other goofy shit.

I don't think they are required to "hump" their gear.

rldostie 19

@Corme He didn't form a search party. he told his sergeant who probably told the platoon leader who probably told the company comander and the COMANDER probably ordered a company wide search. it's not an option. Lost items are reported up the chain of command and it's the commanders responsibility at the end of the item to make sure they have everything. Thus the search. Don't assume military life is anything like civilian life.

Humping is a military word for "carrying"...

broken_chaos 0
Cmc520 0

I woulda smacked the crack outta him. lol.

lickmyjock 0

waiting for snickers to come in and call him unpatriotic for using bad grammar.

blaaaaakely 0

HAHAHA. I don't have a problem with snickerdoodles, but I still loled :D