By Anonymous - 06/03/2010 01:11 - United States

Today, a soldier in my unit had unknowingly lost a GPS in the woods and my section was sent to go find it. After hours of wading through chest high swamps in 32 degree weather, the GPS was found, thanks to the soldier who lost it. It was in his vest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 176
You deserved it 2 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

caticaticati 3

I can't believe people think this says anything about the state of the military. Do you know how many highly intelligent people do shit like this on occasion? It happens.

Comments

BlueMonster13 0

You Americans are such whinners 32 degrees isnt cold at all! If your talking 32 degrees celsius thats a beautiful day! I'm canadian and i wear jeans and t shirts at that temperature! Real cold is at least -30, or minus -22 for you yankees!

So, you are saying that you live in Canada, and that you realize the OP is in the US, and you still have you ask if the OP is talking about celcius? You actually think that he might be refering to 32 degrees celcius as cold? How about using a bit of logic? You even make a conversion for him in your post, so you obviously are aware that they use Fahrenheit in the states. 32 is equal to 0 celcius, and yeah, -30 is obviously colder then 0, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't whine your butt off if you have to tramp through waist high water at freezing temperatures for a few hours. You, Sir, are an idiot.

hijueputa 0

^^ Hear, Hear. Great speech, just a couple of issues though, who is claiming that we deserve special treatment? and, who said that you or anyone else owe us anything?

hijueputa 0

I really could care less what you civilians think or feel about us. I love what I do and I love military life, and yes, I did volunteer, I am responsible for my actions and reactions. No complaints here. I just pray that one day we don't have to do here in the US what we have been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

hijueputa 0

It really is the Tm Ldr's, Sqd Ldr's or the Soldier's first line ldr's fault! That NCO should have conducted PCIs and PCCs and made sure that Pvt Snuffy had all his sensitive items secured and tied down with 550 cord to his person. I know I am not being politically correct for today's Army, it could have been officers as well as ncoes involved, and males or females, just give me a break, you all know what the f I mean...

all u people putting down the service, did u forget that because of the service u have the Internet. think about it what has ur armed services have done for u, what have u done for it. if u can say not one thing but pay taxes STFU.

well that's the army for ya. I mean hooah is oorah with a dick in your mouth. lmao.

p.s - you should've joined the marine corps.

Are you by chance stationed at Ft. Stewart. I heard 6-8 cav did that.

ARAWRRAWR 0

Lol, I guess this is how they weed out the bad apples, that person would probably i don't know the would forget his gun or something and just turn into a meat shield. Aside from that, how do you lose a device built to locate?

Jakojan 4

Think about it. You're all trained in combat. Maybe your fellow soldier will have a little "accident" now. *wink wink nudge nudge* lol