By paris78 - 18/10/2009 00:04 - Canada

Today, a person came into McDonald's, where I work. They ordered a happy meal. As they were an adult, I assumed the meal was for their child, who wasn't with them. When I asked if the toy was for a boy or a girl, they said the toy was for them. I still had to ask if it was for a boy or a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 910
You deserved it 4 147

Same thing different taste

Top comments

letitbe56 0

I hate how they always assume you want a certain kind of toy based on your gender. I may have been a little girl, but I wanted the toy car, not the toy barbie. And guess which one they always gave me. :(

yeah, I work at Mcdicks to, and I get those everynight since I work overnight. not only do they DEMAND a toy, after they order (in drive thru mind you) they drive off like idiots leaving you with a happy meal sitting there molding all night long. you have it easy my friend. Notice you are from ontario too. Ottawa, 4416 Innes Rd.

Comments

letitbe56 0

I hate how they always assume you want a certain kind of toy based on your gender. I may have been a little girl, but I wanted the toy car, not the toy barbie. And guess which one they always gave me. :(

agreed. I remember that the boy's toy was always better. The car moved, the barbie was just a single piece of plastic that couldn't move in any way. **** that sexism!

@silvermoonstar3 and letitbe56 Agreed the boys and girls separate toys thing sucked. I may be a bit biased in this as I thought I was a little girl asking to have the boy's toy all the time, now I'm a teenage boy.

So what? Just ask them what toy they want. #16 is right... it's not good to assume they're going to want a toy based off of gender. Heck, as a female, sometimes I felt the toys they had for boys were much more fun than the girly princess toys

I hate it when somebody talks about a single person sing "them". You don't need to be so PC, so can say it that was a man or a woman. FYL for being so sick PC.

madishunwhut7 0

that's what the FML was about, the guy didn't know if it was a man or a woman.

this isn't an FML. some adults wanted a happy meal, big whoop. grow up.

You deserve it for refering to one person as 'them'.

That's the word you use when the gender isn't clear or simply not stated. I'd refer to the OP as "they" or "them", because it doesn't say if THEY are female or male. Learn your own language before calling someone out on it.

I honestly think you have problems with your brain.

It isn't sexism at all. Just imagine being cooped up in a gross McDonald's all day, listening to countless stupid people order their stupid burgers. I would rather assume the girl wants the Barbie and the boy wants the car and get it all over with.

"Today, I did my job. FML" **** off. At least you have a job, asshole.

No I think this FML is about "Today, I work at McDonald's, FML.

No it's about not knowing the gender of the person who walked in and basically telling that to his or her face.

hey I always used to get the boy toy(I'm a girl)