By doglover - 03/11/2009 18:11 - United States

Today, a Milkbone commercial came on TV. At the end of it, they whistle and throw a Milkbone across the screen, prompting my 100lb German Shepherd to leap off the couch and run head on into my new plasma screen TV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 487
You deserved it 42

Top comments

Turnip_Girl 0

Aww, and your doggy didn't even get its treat. :(

Comments

lmfao, thats awesome but blows if its real

http://www.ihatemindy.com/index.php?c=viral&m=index&id=fc3b6bc17813fbb631982edc7fc95d22

chowyuk 0

you deserve it there are no bad dogs,just bad owners

The dog wasn't "bad" for doing what he did. It was unintelligent, yes, but it's not like he was willingly causing his owner to lose a lot of money.

maronofhearts 19

Besides being completely wrong in every way humanly possible that line sounds like the one in the original pokemon series "there are no bad pokemon just bad pokemon trainers" when ekans and koffing are lost with pikachu in the woods or something. Plenty of of animals including dogs are just naturally a-holes just like people.

incorrect, how do we know what dogs see anyway. it's claimed that they can't see tv and their vision is black and white.. my dog stops and watches the tv sometimes.. and it's not because of the sound he looks right at the screen.

Pretty sure they're saying that dogs can see what's on the screen, they just can't comprehend it/interpret it as something 3D, or something like that.

Dogs and cats (cats especially, because they have color vision) like to watch TV because of all the movement on screen. Due to the fact that neither animal has very good eyesight, their eyes have adapted to recognize the smallest movement, and because the picture is always changing on the TV screen, it's interesting. One of my favorite shows is Dancing with the Stars, and one of my cats, when she was a kitten, would stare at the TV, tap the dancers with her paw, stare at it some more, tap the screen again, then look around behind the TV to see where these people were coming from. Don't think she ever figured it out, but the point is that animals do watch TV.

FAKE. Jeez, can't the OP bother doing a minute's worth of googling before submitting this crap? Try this link, numbskull:http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resources/advice/dogs/336-dogs-watch-tv.htm

Polionixon 2

to bad u can't trust .com sites.

Blasphemy! Your sources prove nothing! If anything I'd be so bold as to make the claim that your article adds credibility to the story at hand. If the dog were to hear a loud noise coming from the direction of the plasma screen and in turn see a large, dark object quickly growing from that very space, would it not be startled? I believe it is you who is deserving of the title numskull, good sir.

The authors credentials: James Glover (Dr.) is widely experienced in small animal practice. He attended Vet school at Kansas State University - Manhattan, Kansas, and has practiced in various hospitals in New Jersey throughout his career, as well as having various dog training diplomas. Now retired, he is well known for giving seminars on animal care and helps educate rescued pet adopters through volunteer work. I think I"ll take his word over some anonymous internet posters claiming their dogs watch TV. Try again, douche.

I'm having trouble figuring out how you misunderstood me. I am however writing this under the assumption that you are competent enough to read an article before copying and pasting the link to it and that may be where the problem lies. The article that you posted clearly states that dogs are more than capable of both recognizing and reacting to both the movements on a television screen and the sounds that accompany them. Now, if we reach down into the depths of our minds and use the inherent cognitive powers we possess, we can easily deduce that the dog's assault on the television is easily possible whether or not it recognizes the milkbone.

A dog training diploma? What credible four-year university issues one of those? Is it a PhD? B.A.? I bet it's a B.S.

hahahaha I wanna see that in a comedy!!!!!! so funny. dogs are the best!

Aww what a cute lil snookums cupcake muffin pumpkin adorable puppy!

100lb "PUPPY" i think at 100lbs the dog would be more than a Puppy

Totally Agree! Deserved for owning a plasma.... ancient

Many of us have realized that LCD is better than plasma, but YDI only if it was Glasses-free 3D. In that case it is your fault and not the maker of the commercial.

(or if you were dumb enough to put 3D glasses on your dog)

skyeyez9 24

i read most dogs can see shades of grey and white. But some digs (retreiver and herding breeds) can also see the colors green and red. I assume they know from the amount of cones and rods inside their eyes which distinguish color.

sydefx 0

Please, PLEASE explain your theory on how a dog is stupid. When a dog is trained and owner gives a command of sit, bark, attack, etc, they do it. Police dogs are trained to find a criminal, find drugs, and protect their owner. A hunting dog is trained to retrieve whatever the hunter has killed. A show dog is trained to stand in certain positions, pose, and not move. As far as them being disgusting, why is it then some people shell out $5,000+ for a dog? So please, explain to me and the rest of the people who read your comment and think you're a typical online loser, how dogs are stupid and disgusting.