By Tag - 07/09/2015 00:54 - Australia - Sydney

Today, a male friend of mine tried to kiss me. When I shoved him away and demanded to know what the fuck he was doing, he said he didn't think I was really a lesbian because I went on a date with a guy. Once. Over 15 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 265
You deserved it 2 766

Same thing different taste

Comments

My face nearly went though the computer trying to facedesk at the stupidity of your friend.

ugh I always say us lesbians and straight guys would make great friends if it wasn't for their stupid belief that all lesbians eventually will be open to be with men. sorry this happened to you but we all learn our lesson at some point.

Because surely every heterosexual woman on the planet must be just dying to kiss him and would be absolutely thrilled and honored at the opportunity to do so.

Hopefully he did it because he like likes you rather than because he's a jerk

That doesn't really make it any better.

Yeah, pretty sure he's a jerk whether he likes OP or not.

Even if you aren't a gold star lesbian, it doesn't mean that he gets to kiss you without your permission. Not ok at all.

'Gold star' lesbian/gay is such a flawed idea. The idea of dating someone because of societal pressure telling you it is expected of you and abnormal not to date them somehow making one person inferior to another is stupid.

RedPillSucks 31

punch him in the sack. tell him you didn't think he was a man because he didn't have the balls to keep from harrassing you

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Consent is always required, even for "just" a kiss. I would be pretty angry if somebody just tried to kiss me like that, regardless of sexual orientation. If we were on a date, at least that would give them plausible reason to truly believe that it was okay, but you can't just go around kissing people without their consent. It's even worse in this situation because OP very CLEARLY indicated that she would not wish to kiss him and anyone with half a brain should be able to tell that lesbians probably don't want men kissing them like that randomly.

Why would she be flattered? She is gay. She doesn't find men sexually attractive and not to mention it is a violation of personal space.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

First of all, not into guys. Doesn't want to be kissed by guys. Shouldn't have to be. Second of all, that whole 'be flattered someone wanted you' attitude is gross. Really gross.

By this logic, that someone who was nearly forced to kiss someone they aren't attracted to should "be flattered," rape victims and other sexual violation victims "should be flattered" that someone wanted to do that to them. The whole "should be flattered" thing is an excuse to move the blame from the aggressor to elsewhere, or otherwise make the act acceptable, when it isn't. Congrats on using a justification used by rapists and victim blamers worldwide! Next you'll start saying that the OP deserved it for not coming across as a blazing stereotypical 'dyke' lesbian, no?