By Anonymous - 29/01/2017 14:00 - United States

Today, a few people in my class used calculators on the math final exam, even though it clearly stated at the top that they weren't allowed. The teacher found out, and now everyone has to retake the 200-question exam. I didn't even use a calculator. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 733
You deserved it 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

as annoying as this sounds, use it to your advantage! you can revise more & if you remember which qs you struggled on you can focus on those areas more & try & get a higher mark!

RavenclawAliKat 6

Was the test not monitored? Sound like the teacher was negligent. Hopefully they are reprehended. Sorry you have to retake the test OP. Good luck!

Comments

as annoying as this sounds, use it to your advantage! you can revise more & if you remember which qs you struggled on you can focus on those areas more & try & get a higher mark!

RavenclawAliKat 6

Was the test not monitored? Sound like the teacher was negligent. Hopefully they are reprehended. Sorry you have to retake the test OP. Good luck!

onceuponatime456 16

reprehended? reprimanded, maybe?

RavenclawAliKat 6

Reprehend: to reprove or find fault with; rebuke; censure; blame.

Those are the (unfortunate) rules the instructors have to follow. I'm sure the cheaters were reprimanded appropriately. Gl OP!

awildwhisper 30

Hopefully the retake is with a more observant teacher.

mariri9206 32

Sounds like your teacher didn't do such a good job keeping an eye things. It's the teacher's fault for being more aware/observant and it's the fault of those students who did use a calculator. Your teacher should've told everyone to only grab their pencils and anything else they said that can be used on the test and water, if they allow it, and to leave their backpacks up at the front.

If it was my school, they would get zeros on the exam with no makeup/redo.

I dont think they know who used calculators and who didnt, so they cant just punish the guilty people.

To everyone saying the teacher was negligent, it isn't their fault. On exams it is generally a rule that if one person uses anything to cheat, or if anyone talks, every test in the room is invalid. It's because if someone cheated, they could've shared the answers with everyone around them. That's a requirement and if the teacher didn't report it they could've been fired.

its the teachers fault for not catching the people using calculators in the first place.

drealex360 5

Maybe you can take that time to restudy and score even higher the second time around.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This is more advantageous than you think... Don't waste your free retake, use it to get an A+!