By Anonymous - 28/07/2015 13:14 - Australia - Sydney

Today, a customer bitched me out, saying he wouldn't eat his vegetarian dish because it didn't "look vegetarian enough." He then demanded a refund and a plate of the same vegetarian dish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 250
You deserved it 1 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Refuse to serve him because he doesn't look smart enough

Was it something fishy about his dish?

Comments

Never try to satisfy vegetarians; misery is their religion.

I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years now and have NEVER behaved like that individual. Not even back when some restaurants had no vegetarian main dish at all - I ate two salads and was fine with it. And eating out has become so much easier since then. So, please do not throw all sensible vegetarians into a pot with that stupid person.

See, you were vegetarian before it was "cool." Thanks to the younger generation it's little more than a fad and excuse to complain now. Older vegans and vegetarians can be fun to hang out and I have several friends that I love to pieces. I will NOT hang out with those of my generation or younger that claim not to eat meat for "moral" reasons because half of them believe chicken and fish don't count or they just want a free meal or an excuse to lecture me on my own eating habits. Every. Single. Time.

Reading this made me feel kinda old. Then I went and looked at your profile. You are not even ten years younger than me, barely half a generation! I was fourteen when I stopped eating meat, and no, it was not cool back then. I do not lecture people on their eating habits. Being vegetarian is MY choice for MY nutrition, that I made for MY reasons and everyone else has to make their own choices. I don't want to be lectured or judged because of what I decide to eat, and neither does anybody else.

And that is why you and I would get along famously. ;)

In what world can a customer ask for a replacement meal (even the same one) AND a refund? I was always under the impression if you were unhappy, you asked for one or the other, not both.

#25 It's called stupidity, they want money and a free meal...

I always appreciate these kinds of people because it's the only thing they have to do for the whole day

TheDevilsDevices 15

Sorry, we don't give extra dishes to idiots. Don't ya wish you could tell people how you REALLY feel!

Take the plate to the back a few minutes later after you spit in it take it back dont give a refund

The main thing I learned working in the resturant business: people will do anything to get a free meal.

I hate it when people make mean comments about ALL vegetarians because ONE vegetarian acted like an asshole...