Tight ass friends

By cheese - 26/09/2013 21:31 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, I summoned the courage to talk to my friends about the money they owe me for my photography services at their wedding. We had agreed on a fair price, but now they're pissed, claiming that I'm being selfish, and should consider it my wedding gift to them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 674
You deserved it 5 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Bring them a toaster and then ask for your money.

This is exactly why you NEVER lend your friends money or offer them your professional services. Especially if you're a prostitute.

Comments

hazardmuffin 21

If you're going to do professional work, have a professional practice like requiring pay up front or only releasing photos once you are paid, and stick to it, even when it comes to friends and family. Hopefully you do, and haven't actually given these "friends" their photos yet. I'm an artist and costume designer and I can't tell you how many times "friends" have tried roping me into doing free work or giving ridiculous discounts...

I love it when after agreeing to pay a certain price, people assume the debt is forgiven for arbitrary reasons. Sucks for them to be pissed for no reason but they still have to pay.

They want you to consider those photos as wedding gifts to them? Wtf do they think wedding favors are for towards the end of a wedding? Besides, this should be considered a wedding gift to you, not them if that is how they want to play that game. Sorry you were "friends" with awful people that can't hold up their end of the agreement.

That pretty much the same concept as me and then they ask why I'm antisocial

To what? Between a rock and a hard place? I think that's OP, actually.

Anyb0dyTh 8

Pre-paid. I think that sums it all up

No money no photos if a fair deal unless youv already given them the photos

Op, it sounds like they are users, not friends. I say ditch em' for someone who actually cares about being a friend. Hope they pay you or you keep the photos.

the exact reason why you don't do business with friends, or if you do you make them pay a large sum and the rest later