Tight ass friends

By cheese - 26/09/2013 21:31 - United States - Sun Prairie

Today, I summoned the courage to talk to my friends about the money they owe me for my photography services at their wedding. We had agreed on a fair price, but now they're pissed, claiming that I'm being selfish, and should consider it my wedding gift to them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 674
You deserved it 5 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

WompWompWomp123 7

Bring them a toaster and then ask for your money.

This is exactly why you NEVER lend your friends money or offer them your professional services. Especially if you're a prostitute.

Comments

Rule #1 of lending services to friends/family; get it in writing. No excuses.

Give them a taste of the real world. Sue them. In the real world you have to pay your bills.

nightowl713 25

I am a professional photographer, and I went through the exact same situation. I learned the hard way to either get the money upfront, or before they got the photographs. Even then drama almost always ensues. I now have decided that the only way I will do business with family or friends is giving it as a gift. Sorry you have to go through this OP!

kellyem2 20

I'm sorry your friends couldn't be mature about this kind of thing. After all, this is your living, not a hobby. And you never offered to do their photography for free, which makes it that much more insulting. Obviously next time you'll need to make sure you draw up a contract, even if the client is a friend or family, but it's a pity you need to lose out on a friendship this time around.

Yup. This is why you should NEVER agree to do professional stuff for friends. Unless you plan to do it for free anyway. FYL OP

For our wedding, our photographer was a family friend. We signed a contract, and paid 50% up front and the rest on the wedding day. I couldn't imagine not paying a professional for their services no matter who they are.

You should ask them if you can use some of their photos as examples for your service without mentioning you photo shopping them with 100+ lbs and acne.

Well if you take everything for photography they would all be closed for their placement for gifts from this couple...they did agree on a price...and they should pay it.,,