Think before you speak

By Takuma - 20/05/2009 05:10 - United States

Today, I was hanging out with a few of my friends, including an old ex-girlfriend and her current boyfriend of 5 years. When my ex, whose virginity I had taken years earlier, mentioned, "I had the iPhone first," without thinking, I immediately responded, "Well, I had YOU first." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 575
You deserved it 95 182

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's your ex who should be posting here, not you.

Comments

The only way that could be an FML is if your current girlfriend (if you have one) was there too. And then only if she's the kind of girl to get pissed off about something like that. As it stands, you gave a burn from which there was no recovery on her part. I take it back. She could have recovered simply by saying, "Yeah, well you're a lousy lay!"

nycman33 0

# 60, I don't know who's more jealous. You (at people with iphones) or the OP.

It would be an awesome comeback, except that A) It wasn't really the kind of situation that required a comeback of that nature, so you come off looking like a petty, jealous ex (and YDI) and B) that kind of behaviour = Exactly the reason why so many chicks are keen to hang onto their virginity lest they give it to a fuckhead who'll brag about it later like a complete tool and make her feel like a trophy and an idiot. Thanks for making it that much harder, asshole. It's all right though. I'm sure she already appreciates the iPhone more than she ever appreciated having sex with you. Hence the "ex" part.

So, just how much did your black eye swell?

an_account 0

I agree with 66. I would feel so pissed off -- and that phone doesn't warrant that sort of comment. I hate how guys brag about virginity. I hope the ex said "it nearly put me off sex permanently"

Not getting any action it would seem.

Can someone explain to me why this is an FML? First of all I would say the same thing, if anything its an FML for the other guy but even then thats a stretch. I read so many of these posts and I just don't think people understand the concept of this site.

Haha I hope you're bigger than the other guy. This sounds like something I'd say in that situation. Sigh, why are our minds always on sex, even in a clearly non-sexual situation?

66 & 67 You both obviously have absolutely NO sense of humor! That is undeniably the best comeback EVER! My ex hangs out at the bar I go to with my friends... We hate each other but are "friends" 1 night a week so we do this shit to each other all night long! We get a laugh, our friends get a laugh, and everybody wins! :) OP... FTW