The more you know

By essay2 - 24/09/2011 18:47 - United States

Today, I found out that the double spacing format in an essay refers to the space between each line, not the words. I've been pressing the space bar twice between each word all through high school and halfway through college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 216
You deserved it 83 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MrLefty 8

*You're Unless my sarcasm detector is missing something.

Comments

How could you not know that? If someone told me to double space an essay in 3rd grade I could do it.

memily63 12

You only would have known what it meant IF your teachers had explained it to you. Nobody just right off the bat knows what double spacing is. Either OP has had a horrible education or he/she was told and was just too stupid to remember.

overthelimit 3

No one told me that, ever. It sure sounds like you should be hitting the space bar twice, because in reality, you would use the enter key to skip a line. So I guess I just learned something from this FML.

decidedlyvague 11

I have tigers blood and Adontis DNA, and no weaknesses. I came out of the womb knowing the cure for cancer, and how to solve world hunger, but I'm too much of a jackass to save the world. Instead I genetically mutated myself to turn myself into a puppy, because I liked the way the wind feels on my ears. I invented Microsoft and the Internet, but I made sure that double spacing was next to impossible unless it was explained, because anyone can press the space bar twice and make a fool of themselves. I'm just glad it worked for several years on this pathetic mortal.

Woah! OP also thought that the delete key erased all the data!

He called customer service to ask where the any key was. :)

catharsis5 9

none of your teachers told you?

I've done that! But I only did it for one project until someone told me.

Surely your English teacher/tutor/professor would have explained that at some point? Or perhaps you could have realised there was something odd with what you were doing? Still though, got to admire your dedication to making sure there were two spaces between each word for all those years.

ahouno17 0

Your school is stupid for not teaching you that!

How could you be so stupid? You could have just googled it.

I'm surprised it took 27 comments for someone to do this :O

Why would you google something if you already know what it means? I realise OP had the wrong definition of 'double spacing', but he didn't know that. So he thought he knew what 'double spacing' meant so why would he google it?