The more you know

By essay2 - 24/09/2011 18:47 - United States

Today, I found out that the double spacing format in an essay refers to the space between each line, not the words. I've been pressing the space bar twice between each word all through high school and halfway through college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 216
You deserved it 83 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MrLefty 8

*You're Unless my sarcasm detector is missing something.

Comments

I remember that was my first thought when teachers told us to "double space" as well. I mean, it's called the space bar, right? Double space must mean you should use double the amount of spaces! They clarified it after I turned in my rough draft with two spaces between each word, though. These comments are making me feel old. When this situation applied to me, there was no such thing as google (and even with the search engines we did have, why would I look it up if I already thought I knew what to do?) and the function on Microsoft Word to make it double spaced was not in any way easy to find.

decidedlyvague 11

No one corrected you? It seems like that's something they would've confronted you about, or something you would've noticed through their examples of proper essays that people have written. It's understandable to not realize that you're doing it wrong, but for that long is quite an impressive feat. Also, did you know that if you put your period size at 14 font it's barely noticeable in the paper's structure? Every 3-5 pages you write, the paper is increased by half a page.

I've done that. I was in 5th grade at the time but . . . Ya know. *shrug*

I'm really not sure if the OP deserves it because you would think that some teacher would correct her mistake the first time she made it. The fact that she made it halfway through college without any teacher or professor telling her says a lot about the teachers.

I've done that. I was in 5th grade at the time but . . . Ya know. *shrug*

Mar_Kar 9

be nice, people make mistakes.

tigerlily0708 0

how did you get that far without realizing that. Your teachers are dumb too for not explaining it to you when you turned in essays

malzi21 8

None of your teachers noticed the 2 spaces between EVERY WORD? Damn...