Fit as a fiddle

By Dontsitsitandyoudie - 02/05/2017 14:00 - Iceland - Reykjavík

Today, I went to sit on a desk chair, which promptly rolled out from under me. This made me fall on my own foot, literally shattering two bones. I just bought a 9-month gym membership and can't use it because I wanted to sit down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 132
You deserved it 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get a doctors note, perhaps they'll let you back out. They're nasty though if it's a huge chain. Also everyone, unless you've been going to a/that gym for a while (on a month to month payment) Try not to outright purchase a huge membership when you've only done one of their guest trials. The 'sales' and 'promotions' they have happen all the time! Never feel pressured!

neonate 3

see? this is why you don't buy gym memberships.

Comments

You can always work on your upper body. And go watch aerobics classes.

neonate 3

see? this is why you don't buy gym memberships.

species4872 19

The invisible man pushed the chair.

species4872 19

Even the chair thinks you need to lose weight.

tigak47 0

Fitness goal progress: two feet forward, one foot back

Get a doctors note, perhaps they'll let you back out. They're nasty though if it's a huge chain. Also everyone, unless you've been going to a/that gym for a while (on a month to month payment) Try not to outright purchase a huge membership when you've only done one of their guest trials. The 'sales' and 'promotions' they have happen all the time! Never feel pressured!

Most gyms have a way to put your account in hold for cases like this. They don't need to convince the gym that they should be let out of the membership entirely, because the gym will likely be just as happy to take the money later or shift the membership months forward.

You can defiantly still work out. There are many excercises you can do while sitting down. I went to the gym everyday when I broke my foot, and again when I broke my leg.

chessu 21

If it's truly a fresh FML then you might be able to cancel it. Most gyms have a 'trial period' of maybe 2 weeks where you can still get out of it if it's not for you. My gym (a massive chain) also accepts doctor's note (and also proof of moving) to cancel the membership. Most of the expensive ones have a 'pause' option, so rather than paying the full amount, you only pay like a tenner to keep your membership active. Or, maybe you can transfer it? If none of this is an option for you, you just gotta live with knowing that money wasted or come up with some upper body exercises, I'm afraid.

mariri9206 32

Call them and explain what happened and maybe they'll let you postpone your membership until your foot heals?