The customer is always an ass

By Anonymous - 06/12/2012 23:50 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I was yelled at by a customer, who was upset over having waited twenty minutes for a waiter to come take her order. Maybe it would be understandable, if she was sitting in an actual restaurant, and not a serve-yourself coffee house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 384
You deserved it 1 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RealTalk0 7

That's one intelligent individual. Some people are so ignorant.

Wow... I hope the customer felt really bad when they learned that...

Comments

A serve yourself coffee house sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I've never heard of a serve yourself coffee house. I've heard of paying for your coffee first and then getting it but you either wait in line or get served

Obey_StudBoii 23

The customer is always right so why are you complaining? Instead of posting this fml nagging about it, you should have just served the customer.

47- The customer is definitely not always right, but they still should be treated with respect. We have rude, ignorant, idiotic customers come into the fast food place where I work all the time. If I worked at a self serve place I wouldn't serve the customer, I would just politely tell them that it's self serve.

I agree. The customer IS always right. Any professional person knows this, and you do everything in your power to let them know they ARE right, and do what you can to make it up to them... And if it's serving a GD cup of coffee to some woman, my God, get up off your arse and DO IT! It's a shame the OP thought this was worthy of complaining about. Regardless of whether the lady knew it was self-serve or not, SOMEONE working there should have acknowledged her presence WELL before twenty minutes had passed! It's about good customer service and too many people are lacking.

Why should an employee stop doing their job in order to do something that's not their job? The customer was wrong, and acting like an entitled brat just made her look even dumber than she already did.

You're ridiculous. I'm sorry him saying hello to a customer would be outside of his job responsibilities! When you are on the clock, it's about going above and beyond, wearing many hats, picking up where others leave off...not just skimming along doing the LEAST you can do to get your paycheck. Him saying "Sorry ma'am, let me show you how it's done..." would have been pretty simple. I'm fairly certain stopping his job of clearing tables to assist a customer would have been OK! (And I think his boss would agree.) But no, it's spoiled twats with work ethics like yours, and attitudes like the OPs that the rest of us have to deal with. Maybe when you're a grown-up you'll understand. We can only hope, anyways...

I'm sorry, but the customer is /not/ always right. And taking them coffee would just let them learn that the self-serve coffee house has now become a "oh I get special treatment and I get my shit brought to me" coffee house. Crap like that happens all the time where i work when cashiers are too non-confrontational to say that certain options just are not available for certain foods, or that dogs are not supposed to be in the damn playground. Besides, if you're supposed to pay to get your cup or something first, the customer would have to get up anyways. Our drinks are self serve where I work, and the only time we take coffee to the customer is if they order one and we need to make a fresh pot, and we can't do that when its extremely busy. As for why it took so long for OP to see the customer (although the fact that the customer waited for 20 minutes before saying anything is absurd), a self-serve coffee house sounds like they wouldn't have many people working up front, so maybe they were busy with things that were keeping them behind the counter.

Some people just don't understand and choose to be ignorant instead OP

Why would a 'serve yourself' coffee house even exist? What a stupid idea.

Because **** you, get it yourself for a change.

Haha happened to me working front desk at a cheap hotel. What kind of place do you take this as? Paper plates are right there...

SApprentice 34

Customers are such delightful creatures. I do wonder how old the woman was. I always feel sad for people when they do things like this if they're older or elderly, but if they're still young I get frustrated by them.

When this FML was being modded it said Kroger, not a 'serve-yourself coffee house'. Made more sense that way. :/