The cost of living crisis

By Noname - 12/03/2009 00:09 - United States

Today, I was studying for a final when I noticed that all I had was a blue highlighter. I decided to drive to the store to get a yellow one. On the way there, I got $200 worth of traffic tickets for not stopping at a stop sign. I basically spent $200 because I prefer yellow highlighters over blue ones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 512
You deserved it 110 188

Same thing different taste

Top comments

af_fml 0

That is a ****** up idea of causality. You got a ticket because you failed to obey the law, the highlighters had nothing to do with it.

You probably should have obeyed Traffic laws than worry about petty things. You could have hurt someone.

Comments

RNCftw 0

#2 is absolutely spot on. there's nothing wrong with preferring yellow highlighters. not obeying traffic laws on the other hand...

blue highlighters S U C K. So it was totally worth it.

Agreed with #2. It has nothing to do with your highlighter preference. Seriously. Fail.

notnormal 0

Wow, everyone, relax. Just say "you deserve what you get for being so irresponsible." No need to take out your various frustrations on Noname. (no, I'm not a shrink or a hippie, I'm 16. It just annoys me when people say things to others online that they would never say to them in person. You don't say those things because it's disrespectful). Noname paid $200 for running a stop sign. That was the punishment, and s/he doesn't need you badmouthing him/her. Come on, people!

What a stupid man this person is. Orange is a far superior highlighter shade.

INVIS_A_GIRL 0

okay umm u have a lot of posts......... soooooo either your lying or your life is screwed!

#48 noname is what is entered when the person doesn't enter a nickname when posting o.O

No, you spent $200 because you chose not to obey traffic laws.

LadyKaya 0

#46: 1. I can say what I want. 2. The OP WAS irresponsible, and put lives in danger. 3. I'm not taking my frustrations out; actually, I'm enjoying myself. 4. I WOULD say that in person. The OP was irresponsible and earned what they got. 5. Yes, under normal circumstances, it is disrespectful. This time, however, the OP came whining to US. We didn't ask for his/her day, their problem, their issue. They posted it willingly. Or maybe the highlighter made them do it. Either way, it's not in this case. Come whining to me in real life, and I'll show you how respectful I am. 6. Thanks for reiterating the punishment for us. 7. S/He doesn't NEED us badmouthing him/her, but this person did put themselves up on the internet for us to see, again, out of their own free will. But wait, what if, just what if, this person was a person that wants attention, and wants to be noticed on the internet? And you're telling us to leave them alone...Maybe you're the villain here. 8. I will not "come on." Makes you sound more like a hippie. 9. I hope I have proven my point about what I do to whiners by breaking down your personal whinefest.