Thanks for your support

By Anonymous - 04/04/2022 04:00

Today, I visited my dad's grave to give it a clean, since moss and shit were starting to grow on the gravestone. Apparently this counts as vandalism, according to the groundskeeper, because soap and water can damage the stone and make it crumble faster. Yes, the city cops sent me a fine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 253
You deserved it 126

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take the fine to court. Once the judge hears the story he will throw it out.

What kind of cheap-ass stone is it that crumbles with soap and water? You didn't settle for Styrofoam, did you?

Comments

What kind of cheap-ass stone is it that crumbles with soap and water? You didn't settle for Styrofoam, did you?

I think basic soap causes the stone to wear faster getting into the Crack etc. BUT "faster" is a relative term. if it is going to be decades of this before it has real effect then they can **** off. but some stone and other material react to chemicals in some soaps causing much faster wear and damage the integrity. I don't think it would crumble but chip faster sure. still though, they should have offered proper cleaning solution instead of calling cops...

Take the fine to court. Once the judge hears the story he will throw it out.

I belive its your family's property since you paid for it, right? besides, the grounds keeper obviously wasn't very good at his job.

docdann 3

https://www.funeralhelpcenter.com/how-to-clean-a-cemetery-tombstone-or-marker/

Seems odd to me that the family wouldn't own the tombstone.

Schm17ty 1

wouldn’t rain make it crumble then?