Thanks a lot!

By dk14 - 24/01/2017 10:00

Today, my girlfriend's dad let me borrow his car for transportation to work because mine got totaled. This car is a complete dump and I've realized he's only letting me use it so it's my fault to fix the broken things on the car. So far, I've had to replace the battery and two popped tires. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 031
You deserved it 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like it might be worth getting a rental car instead of dealing with his manipulative BS. It sound like he's either trying to make you mad about it so he can play victim to try to make your GF mad with you or make it financially difficult for you to date her.

I'd immediately give him back his car and rent a 2017 car.

Comments

Sounds like it might be worth getting a rental car instead of dealing with his manipulative BS. It sound like he's either trying to make you mad about it so he can play victim to try to make your GF mad with you or make it financially difficult for you to date her.

Iwannarock1 19

She better be able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Connor1623 10

I sort of agree, rental car might not be cheaper though depending on location and car and if it is his only car should be happy no matter how trash it is he trots you of not only car wants free repairs

I'd immediately give him back his car and rent a 2017 car.

Replace your car and give his back. It might be that is the best he has. And watch out, daughters are often have the same values as their dad.

My dad is petty and does things like this, it makes me embarrassed of him and it most certainly doesn't make me want to do the same.

mariri9206 32

Send him a bill for the stuff you fixed/replaced. His car, his responsibility. Unless you actually broke something, you only have to pay for filling up the car with gas if you're borrowing one.

Fireant_man 6

To be fair you are ******* the ass out of his daughter

You are choosing to replace these items. You could just return the car.

shepardkinz 19

Don't pay for his car's repairs. That's his responsibility. You'd be better off renting a car temporarily or learning the bus/train schedule. Maybe ask your coworkers if they'd be willing to give you rides in exchange for gas money?

Soooooo when you're done with the car, I think it's totally your right to keep the items you supply during your time of use and then return it the way you got it, just with the gas-tank at the level you found it. Then sell the parts you had to buy if they won't be of any use to your own car. I mean, it might've been a kindness in a way, but if it's a dump, maybe you don't have any obligation to fix it, especially if you'll be needing to get a new car.