Talk to me

By JoseIsAdork - 11/01/2016 18:03 - United States - Somers

Today, I realized how lonely I am, when I got a call from an elderly women who had dialed the wrong number. We ended up having a 20 minute conversation about her cat and how he "just won't use the darn litter pan." I was sad when she had to hang up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 335
You deserved it 2 380

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's pretty sad. Maybe you guys should hang out some time... You really sound like you could do with a friend.

That's certainly a new way to make friends...

Comments

christinaannxo 8

at least you have her number & can call her back. hopefully she's got a good memory & hasn't forgotten you. that would be even more sad!

I think that's pretty cool that you had a chat with her. But you could create a Facebook group or something (with some other people who are feeling lonely etc) and chat via that...

TAntobella 14

Hi OP, I'm sure there is something you enjoy doing: join a course about it, and you'll be around mostly like-minded people. I.e a cooking course: it's grate because you don't have to talk to the others if you don't feel like to (I guess you are a little bit shy?), but if you do you have plenty of things to talk about. Plus you get to improve your cooking skills which is handy in social situations. Or you can volunteer for something you care about. For example you can volunteer at your local dog-shelter, I guarantee you will soon make friends with the other volunteers, as having a common goal and working together for it creates a strong bond. Plus dogs are the best therapy for loneliness, and helping them out of the cage is cathartic. But do not go to one of those shelters where they put dogs down, you may not take that stress well. Or you can volunteer at a hospital: the gratitude of the patients for your time and care is priceless, just priceless. Good luck, and message me privately if you feel like talking :)

that is the saddest thing i've heard all day

What a horror movie (: you won't feel alone anymore

rabid_otaku 29

Think about it this way: you really made her day.

You are clearly socialable. The hard part is getting yourself out in social situations. You'll be fine. Believe in yourself!