Talk to me

By JoseIsAdork - 11/01/2016 18:03 - United States - Somers

Today, I realized how lonely I am, when I got a call from an elderly women who had dialed the wrong number. We ended up having a 20 minute conversation about her cat and how he "just won't use the darn litter pan." I was sad when she had to hang up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 335
You deserved it 2 380

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's pretty sad. Maybe you guys should hang out some time... You really sound like you could do with a friend.

That's certainly a new way to make friends...

Comments

Yeah but take solace in the fact that you probably made her day too. Hell if you're feeling brave, why not call her back and ask if you can ever come over and help with odd jobs, shopping, etc. Cat litter is pretty heavy to carry home and it sounds like you'd both benefit from some company...

I'm sure she appreciated the chat as well. :-)

New York? Go hit up the city! :D Have some fun, friends are a nice side effect of having fun :)

Best piece of advice i can give: go online and find a meet up site for people to hang out! They usually do it by categories like hiking, or arts, or whatever.

It's okay to be lonely, OP. I'm glad you had a relatively uplifting interaction today, and maybe there's more you can do to meet people! If you're not working, find a job (assuming this is what you're options are) at a restaurant or something and meet work friends! If you're community hosts events, attend them. If you own a dog, take it to a local dog park and talk to other owners. There's plenty you can do to at least get you by, until your real friends come along. Best of luck!

You just made that old lady's day, just so you know! Karma will reward you eventually :)

Get a dog!! No seriously, they keep you company AND I heard that they're chic magnets. Win-win. Unless you're gay... Then this wouldn't help.

I'm pretty sure dogs are also gay dude magnets.

anavickers 9

That's a little sad but sounds like you got a good conversation out of it and you probably made her day. Plus, cats are always a great topic!