By lonely loser - 22/08/2014 18:04 - United States - Seattle

Today, I was so desperately lonely that I begged a telemarketer not to hang up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 747
You deserved it 6 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should call Jake from Statefarm, he'll keep you company.

In other news an average joe starts a company based on making phone calls to lonely people and becomes a millionaire!

Comments

Should call Jake from Statefarm, he'll keep you company.

Harshdfml 14

Say something I'm hanging up on you.

They're not allowed to hang up on you

In other news an average joe starts a company based on making phone calls to lonely people and becomes a millionaire!

Most of those companies don't let employees hang up, so you can waste all their time you want. Kind of ironic if you ask me, but funny the same

They always hang up on me. I always question them to the point they can't respond without telling me what they're not allowed to tell me.

Normally it's the other way around isn't it?

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Oh my God, this hurt my heart a little.

I'm trying to imagine how that conversation would go. If you feign interest won't they usually go on and on about whatever they're selling?

HJKM_fml 19

Yeah. I can't hang up on them fast enough. lol. *Sorry to any telemarketers out there

It's not that difficult to socialize, just go out and try to meet new people.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

If OP suffers from anxiety (just a wild guess, given the loneliness), it actually IS that difficult to 'just go out and meet new people'.

If someone has social anxiety or Autism or even is just shy, it's very difficult to go out and meet people and make friends.