Spiritual connection

By EmoToyBoy - 30/04/2020 14:00

Today, my girlfriend told me that she doesn't want a physical relationship, but an emotional one instead. I said that I was fine with that, as long as we talked things through in the future. She dumped me there and then, because "no straight guy would agree to that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 243
You deserved it 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Marcella1016 31

She was trying to get YOU to break things off with HER, and she thought that would do it. Kind of a cowardly, roundabout way to break up with someone. When you didn’t take the bait because you actually care about her (and it was pretty awesome and understanding of you, btw), she flipped it and used it as a reason to dump you anyway. Sorry, OP. You are free now to find someone who appreciates someone compassionate and kind.

Comments

I'm amazed OP didn't hear a whizzing sound next to his ear when she said that.

Seems like it was a test.. obviously you “failed”. Sounds more like crazy than love. :(

"It's a trap!" - Admiral Akbar Or "You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead— your next stop, the Friend Zone!" -- Rod Serling (more or less)

Marcella1016 31

She was trying to get YOU to break things off with HER, and she thought that would do it. Kind of a cowardly, roundabout way to break up with someone. When you didn’t take the bait because you actually care about her (and it was pretty awesome and understanding of you, btw), she flipped it and used it as a reason to dump you anyway. Sorry, OP. You are free now to find someone who appreciates someone compassionate and kind.

bloopaloop 27

Tbh, you are kind of a wuss for agreeing to that. It was catch 22, like others have said. But if it was going to be called off anyway, you should have made it on your terms.

tounces7 27

Yeah it's a good thing you aren't now stuck in an emotional relationship with someone so toxic.

Like... She does know asexual people exist right?

That’s another version of “it’s not you, it’s me”, but it backfire on her and now she blames you. You dodge a huge bullet

Matthew Irmen 11

Women like that are idiots, find a better one