Spelling is hard

By WTFFAIL - 03/12/2009 09:08 - United States

Today, I finished a 50-page term end thesis essay on the history of Russia. Looking over the final requirements once more, I find I made just a tiny little mistake. It was supposed to be a thesis on "Prussia". The paper's due tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 199
You deserved it 39 832

Same thing different taste

Why is the last mile the hardest mile?

By oldhabitsdiehard - 03/07/2022 14:00 - Netherlands - Wageningen

Today, I'm supposed to hand in my Master's thesis. I only very vaguely remember my enthusiasm of six months ago, but remember clearly that - this time - I was planning to start in time and avoid last-minute stress. Seeing the sun come up at 5 a.m. tells me that it was a tad too optimistic. Just ten more hours to go… FML
I agree, your life sucks 292
You deserved it 1 031

Top comments

Wow. **** your life indeed. But hey, at least you can come on here and read the comments from dumber people who will say "zomg lol whut's the diffrnce?" and "Prussia iznt a country lolz!!one!!" Good luck, comrade.

Comments

honey, hand it in as if you didn't notice. take it and run!

get paid for using a search engine! bit.ly/7iCHwn

xenomorph 0

OUCH!!!!!!! That hurt me as well.

aliealieawhoaa 0

you know whats reallyt effin creepy? i just learned today there was a country named prussia in global. what a coinsidece.

I once wrote an entire exam on a certain century in Russian history and did a great job, except it was the wrong century. And I wasn't the only student in the class who did this! It happens. Live and learn.

whats the point of writing 50 pages about the history of a country? how can you do that without basically plagiarizing?

capthavoc123 0

You can't plagiarize history, you dumb ****. It's HISTORY!

kscott88 0

Actually, you totally can plagiarize a history paper. History papers aren't really about regurgitating information on a country; they're usually more centered on looking at people's past research on past events and attempting to analyze that research into something new.

capthavoc123 0

"I finished a 50 page end thesis essay on the history of Russia" This implies that it's a paper about history, not analysis of history. If it was an analysis, it would say something to the effect of "thesis essay on the political climate behind such-and-such event" or "strategic balance of so-and-so powers". You can't plagiarize the actual history of Russia, and a 50 page essay is probably about actual history, and not an analysis of such. If it was an analysis of the history of Russia, it would be well over 1000 pages.

yeah, but any source you get the information from you basically have to copy word for word because history is so purely factual. that's plagiarizing. Also the other person was saying that a paper on history you can plagiarize easily, which is why history papers are generally an analysis where you would draw your information from many sources and make it your own. Which this is not. So it's 50 pages of fact, how do you put that in your own words?

Use different phrases? Write different sentences?

Your life sucks, indeed. You're screwed. rofl

WOW, EPIC FAIL. Your life is over, dude. >_

talk to your professor. they might let you have an extension on the due date...or just tell you to learn to read instructions thoroughly and that your screwed

truladyred 0

Reading comprehension is a bitch. YDI.